Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Secrets Maroma Beach

Hey Everyone,

We just booked our honeymoon to Secrets Maroma Beach and we are extremely excited!  If anyone has any insight about ANYTHING, I would love to hear it!  Suggestions/Tips are welcome!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday

Re: Secrets Maroma Beach

• Options
    Did you go through a travel agent type person or did you book online?  I'm having a heck of a time figuring out a honeymoon with the FI and I know the resort yo've booked comes highly rated.
  • Options
    We are going there for our HM in 2 weeks :)  The reviews make it sound amazing, I hope they're right!

Lmlee- we used a travel agent, but it didn't really save us much from what we could have booked it through their website for.  HTH
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi! We are going to Secrets Maroma for 12 days in August. We are soooo excited! We booked with Liberty Travel (which I believe is a national travel agency) and saved a significant amount by using them.

Also, I bookmarked a past thread that has a lot of great tips about the resort: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_gobucks-other-recent-secrets-maroma-hmers

• Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I HMed there and we loved it! I have a review and few pics in my Ms. Bio.

Your first day there I would make reservations to sit at the hibachi grill at somepoint during your stay.  Book early because it fills up fast.
  • Options
    You're going to love it! I agree with HZ, book a night at the hibachi grill early bc it's delicious, fun, and fills up fast. I would also recommend you book a beach bed for at least 1 day bc they fill up fast too (these are an additional charge but worth it :) Take advantage of room service! Especially for breakfast. Ask for what you want - service here is amazing and they will do whatever they can to accommodate you. Have fun! I can't wait to go back :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    As soon as you get there purchase one of the beds on the beach.  I think it was 20-30 dollars but that includes the entire day.  Plus you get your own butler that will bring you food and drinks all day.  It is UUUmazing!!! 
  • Options
    Secrets Maroma is gorgeous! We stayed there a couple of years ago, and we'll be there for our honeymoon in 11 days! The hibachi dinner is a must, and the Sun and Moon couples massage is awesome, too!

The best tip I ever got before going was to bring a bunch of singles with me to tip people during the trip. A couple of dollars goes along way with the bartenders and serves! I would say bring $10 in singles for everyday of your trip.
  • Options
    w101tibw101tib member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    We are going there for our honeymoon on June 12th...Super freakin excited!!! Its crazy, all the reviews are great and thats odd for a resort, usually you hear just as much bad as there is good, but not Secrets Maroma
  • Options

Thanks for all your suggestions and tips! 

One of the student's in my class has an uncle that works there, so we were able to get a bit of a deal!   I can't wait to go!!!  Everything sounds sooo amazing.  I really haven't heard anything bad... at all!  Yay! 

Ladies that are planning on going soon, let us know how it went!!!  Have fun! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Birthday
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards