Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Paris in November

So my FI and I are going to Paris for 6 nights in November for our HM.  Originally we booked a hotel for 130 euro/night including breakfast.  However, I was looking into apartment rentals and we can get one for 75 euro/night!!  It's a great location, has a washer (which is nice since we'll be on our HM for like 14 days total) and it's got great reviews.  The only down side is that it is a studio and it sounds pretty small.

What would you guys do?  Would you splurge for the HM or save your money to spend on activities and food?  Personally, I'm all for saving $$ up front!  We're also staying in apartments in Cinque Terre and Rome, so this would have been our only hotel if we were to keep our reservations.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Paris in November

• Options
    For me personally activities/food/experience > where I'd sleep.

It's not likely that you are just going to sit around in an apartment in Paris so if you can save money and use it on restaurants or other stuff that's what I'd do.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Hotels in Paris are really tiny. And if you think about it most hotels are technically studios anyway. We were just there in June and as long as the location and everything else is great then I think that will trump everything else. Make sure it is a safe neighborhood and close to a metro stop.

• Options
    Would you be willing to share the location?

We rented a 1 bed apt in Paris in April and although it was small, we had no issues.  We were gone everyday from about 10a-11p. While we were at the apt we were either sleeping or showering.  Not a big deal to have a studio IMO. Plus, like PP said, Paris hotels are very small compared to US rooms. 
  • Options
    I would most definietly go with saving your money on the room and splurging on experiences. Spend your money where it counts..on making memories on a once in a lifetime honeymoon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I was in Paris for my honeymoon, I would not be in my room!! I'd switch to the cheaper apartment altogether or maybe stay in the hotel for just a couple nights. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely agree with PPs! I went to Paris with my college boyfriend and we stayed in a tiny dorm that overlooked a dumpster to save money. There was so much to see and do, I don't even remember what the room looked like. We slept there five hours a night and that was about it.

Your honeymoon sounds amazing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards