July 2012 Weddings
Options

BMore...

out of curiosity when do you leave to MD?
weddingcake-1

Re: BMore...

• Options
    We are flying into NYC (b/c it's a lot cheaper from London than it is to Bmore) on July 7th, so one week before the wedding. We're going to meet up with some friends in the city that night, then go down to FI's parents' house in New Jersey on Sunday. I'll then either take Amtrak or borrow one of their cars to drive down to MD on Monday and meet up with my mom to get all of the last minute stuff.

It's kind of crazy to think that I have to leave all of the remaining "in person" stuff until the week of the wedding, but it's just way too expensive to go again before then (like $1500 for a coach ticket - no thanks!). I guess a lot of couples have destination weddings, though, and make it work so I'm sure it'll end up okay.

What are your plans??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm flying to NY on the 11 June. Thank god, I have a crappy job as a TEFL teacher so my last day is the 6th. FI arrives on the 29th. Do you have any DIY to do or just final meetings with vendors? And I was wondering, are you getting your RSVPs sent to you in London? I have so much DIY to do when I get home...have to wrap my 60mugs, probably make the programs, card box. Hopefully MOHs will get involved.
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    Oh I have TONS of DIY stuff, but I'm trying to get most of it done here and just bring it with us. It's pretty small stuff (menus, table numbers, etc.). I already brought my BM hangers I made to MD during my April trip. The big DIY thing I have the week of the wedding is the OOT guest bags. I'm hoping to have some helpers around to help me get those done, though.

We didn't do snail mail RSVPs, just online and phone. It was WAY too complicated to figure out return address stamps for them to go from the U.S., Peru, Spain and all these other countries where we have guests back to us in London. And it's greener and much faster to get RSVPs, too, so I'm happy we're doing it this way.

What is your mug project? Sounds cool!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The mugs are my favors...

and I have to individually wrap them.  I ordered the boxes for them yesterday.  It's a plain white box and I think I'll just put a turquoise or coral colored bow on each of them. 

weddingcake-1
  • Options
    Those are so cute! I love functional favors!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards