Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon where to go?

Hey girls im trying to decide where to go for our honeymon im between a couple options hawaii,aruba,punta cana  or atlantis if anyone has suggestions on to which they prefer or reccomend hotels my only thing is i dont wanna be bored my fiance doesn't know how to swim so snorkling and excursions like that are out of the question thanks!

Re: Honeymoon where to go?

• What is your budget?

I would cut Atlantis regardless - it has about 10,000 children running around.  I think there are adult only sections, but it's still probably the least romantic resort you could go to, other than maybe disney.

This is just me, but I feel like doing a beach/ocean honeymoon when your fiance can't swim is probably not the hottest idea.  If he's excited about it, then ignore this part of my advice, but I would make sure he's excited by it, not just ok with it.  There are tons of other vacations you can take that aren't centered around water.

Have you thought about Europe?  California wine country? New Orleans?  You will not run out of things to do in any of those places.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If your budget allows, Hawaii.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-where-to-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:4d7646e8-0c4f-4a28-b3f1-4da2e83aa8b1Post:9c19ea17-20a0-47f5-b492-1494a9f1306f">Honeymoon where to go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey girls im trying to decide where to go for our honeymon im between a couple options hawaii,aruba,punta cana  or atlantis if anyone has suggestions on to which they prefer or reccomend hotels my only thing is i dont wanna be bored my fiance doesn't know how to swim so snorkling and excursions like that are out of the question thanks!
    Posted by cgotz[/QUOTE]

well that's pretty generic.which places on the islands specifically? why did you choose those? why do you think you'd be bored?

• cgotzcgotz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Hawaii I was thinking waikiki Im afraid we will be bored cause we can't do water excursions like I mentioned in my first post my fianc can't swim but we definitely want to go somewhere warm the only thing with a cruise is I do get very motion/seasick so that does worry me our budget is 5,000
  • We went to Oahu for our HM and stayed in Waikiki. We loved it but we wanted a mixture of relaxation and activity. We did not mind the hustle and bustle of the city because when we laid out at our infiinty pool by the ocean, you had no idea you were in the middle of a city. We also rented a car and drove up to the less-commercialized North Shore a few times, and that was wonderful. But it was nice to be within walking distance of so many restaurants and shops.

There is a LOT more to do in Hawaii and Waikiki than just water sports. Besides beach bumming, you could hike Diamond Head, lay by the pool, go to Pearl Harbor, head up to the Dole Plantation, head up to the North Shore for a couple days (it's an easy day trip-only an hour's drive), and honestly many water activities could be done without knowing how to swim (I don't). We did a dolphin excursion at Sea Life Park where we were only in water up to our chests and wore life jackets the whole time. It was a lot of fun. The only thing is, a $5000 budget may be tough because flights to and from Hawaii could easily eat up half of that, depending where you're flying from, but there are ways to do Hawaii cheaper (like renting a condo or house rather than staying in a hotel/resort and cooking your meals, etc). Check vrbo.com for those.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I have actually stayed at Atlantis and would def not go there for a honeymoon. It is a good place for kids, but the PPs are right, there are a million kids everywhere, couldnt pick a less romantic honeymoon location. Also it is crazy expensive. FI and I looked into Hawaii but it was 1700 a person to fly there from where we are which would be more than half your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards