Honeymoon Discussions
Options

XP: Honeymoon dilemna

Ahh! So my FI and I were all decided on Cancun, and then a friend of mine pointed out that we should go somewhere we will not be able to go to/afford after we have kids. (I'm 32, we need to get on that lol). We are thinking about Trinindad/Tobago or maybe Brazil (but FI said politically Brazil is having issues? I don't know). We love the idea of Buenos Aires or Santiago, Chile but it is winter there in July, no bueno. Our budget is not very big, around $5000 for flight and hotel not including excursions and food and drinks. 

We don't want to go somewhere where we will feel obligated to "gogogo" all the time, so Europe is out. We like the idea of relaxing half the day and doing something for a couple hours. Anybody have any suggestions for central/south america or the carribean that would be "special" but not cold? 

Re: XP: Honeymoon dilemna

• Options
    What about Costa Rica?  

Also, I know you said Europe was out......but there are some parts where you don't always have to be on the go.  I always recommend Southern Spain.  The hotels are all right along the beach.  There's tons of restaurants and shops within walking distance.  And if you want to take an excursion to Morocco or Gibraltar one day, you can.  We went in the early fall and it was around 1200 per person for air and hotel.  It was definitely one of my favorite vacations.  If you want more info, PM me.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_xp-honeymoon-dilemna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:4df98d09-8b8f-4818-a0c5-3f1cbc8f9ac6Post:23cc4e27-d04a-474e-8a66-69954cd727f2">Re: XP: Honeymoon dilemna</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about Costa Rica?   Also, I know you said Europe was out......but there are some parts where you don't always have to be on the go.  I always recommend Southern Spain.  The hotels are all right along the beach.  There's tons of restaurants and shops within walking distance.  And if you want to take an excursion to Morocco or Gibraltar one day, you can.  We went in the early fall and it was around 1200 per person for air and hotel.  It was definitely one of my favorite vacations.  If you want more info, PM me.  
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Joan thank you for your response, I PM'ed you!</div>
  • Options
    hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    I would also recommend Costa Rica (and southern spain, incidently - Joan and I must be on the same wavelength on this).

As far as I know Brazil is perfectly safe. The world cup is going to be held there in 2014.  It's not like it's Venezuela, and being part of the same continent doesn't make it unsafe.

The Brazilian economy has slowed a bit, but it's still growing faster than most of Europe.  If it's a place you want to go, I would visit before the world cup draws attention to it (and prices go up).

That said, Costa Rica doesn't even have a standing army.  It's incredibly safe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OP - PM'd you back.
  • Options
    Thanks I got it! For PP...Costa Rica is a great idea but I've been there, we're trying to stick with new places. Also had emergency surgery there, so personally not the best memories even though the people/care were fantastic. 
  • Options
    In that case, you might check out southern spain.  It's incredible, and it's a relatively inexpensive country given that it is on the euro.  You could be there for a week on $5000 without any trouble.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Update: We went to a travel agent last night, and decided on Mexico again lol. After going over pros/cons for a bunch of other options, we realized this is what fits what we want the most. And under budget! Thank you so much for the advice though, I definitely looked into all of your suggestions and I appreciate you taking the time to respond!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_xp-honeymoon-dilemna?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:4df98d09-8b8f-4818-a0c5-3f1cbc8f9ac6Post:3d31ce71-320f-442c-8f5c-fd934258150a">Re: XP: Honeymoon dilemna</a>:
    [QUOTE]Update: We went to a travel agent last night, and decided on Mexico again lol. After going over pros/cons for a bunch of other options, <strong>we realized this is what fits what we want the most</strong>. And under budget! Thank you so much for the advice though, I definitely looked into all of your suggestions and I appreciate you taking the time to respond!
    Posted by Salsera29[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>In the end, this is what matters!  And don't worry, you have a whole lifetime ahead of you to see the world.  Have fun!  :D

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards