July 2012 Weddings
Options

Fun fact: Ring sizers

For those of you that have issues with your ring twisting around because your ring is loose on your finger (i.e., your knuckles are bigger than your finger, so you can't just re-size the entire ring): I just had those little platinum sizer balls stuck inside my ring, at approximately the 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock location on my ring, and they work SO. WELL. My ring isn't twisting around nearly as much and the stone is sticking on top of my finger, in the middle! I wish I would have done this sooner because it has bothered me for like 11 months.

Just wanted to let you know it's awesome.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fun fact: Ring sizers

• Options
    My friend has them too.  From losing 15 lbs my ring is loose now and always slides all over my finger.  But I know as soon as I get my 2 wedding bands they will tighten up. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    omg I've never heard of this! Mine always spins around and it drives me nuts. I will definitely look into this!

Do you just go to a jeweler and say you want "ring sizers"??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

my ring is ALWAYS falling to the side, but it isn't exactly "too big"....I wonder if these little balls would help??

• Options
    They really, really will! I will take a photo and PIP it.

I tried to get my ring re-sized but that didn't work because my knuckles are HUGE compared to my actual finger. I couldn't get it over my knuckle. With these, since they only occupy a little bit of space, you can kind of shimmy it over your knuckle so that it slips over it, but then it hugs your finger which is smaller. It's hard to explain, but it REALLY works! I am so, so happy.

We just went to the jeweler and had him add in the sizing balls. He had to fix one of the diamonds anyway, and when he saw it on my finger, he was like, let's try these sizers. AND THEY WORK! And you can't see them at all!

I'll brb when I can take a photo . . .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Here's what it looks like now with the sizers:

With my stone, since it's a pretty large solitaire (2.23 cw), it was always constantly turning so that the stone was basically below my finger. (I know, I know - what a problem to have, right? My stone is too big? lol). But it really was super annoying to deal with because I constantly had to keep twisting it around while doing yoga and/or typing etc. and I could not show off my ring correctly because people would ask to see it and the stone would be below my ring finger. It looked like it was so loose on me, but I couldn't go any smaller because it wouldn't fit over my massive knuckle.

Now it looks awesome! And really, I was worried it would be too hard to get over my knuckle, but because of the location of the little balls, it is so easy to slip on. :)

I think fiance paid $140 to have them put in, but he was also paying to have one of the pave diamonds put back in (it fell out) as well as to check all of the other prongs on the other pave diamonds, so I don't think it costs quite that much to add them.

DO IT!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am so dumb - when you said 5 o clock and 7 o clock I totally envisioned the balls being at the top of the ring. It sounds awesome though!! As long as I can get the balls over my knuckle I definitely need to do this...our jeweler told us that when you have a big (heavy) ring there isnt much you can do about it twisting and falling, but it sounds like this might be a good solution!!

My ring is not platinum though - it is white gold - I wonder if they could put white gold balls in?

I feel silly saying the word balls so much.
  • Options
    Balls.

Also, yes, they make them in all sorts of metals. And they really do "hug" your finger, so it doesn't twist. I didn't believe him that it'd work until I tried it on. He made me a believer.

. . . balls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Huh. I'll have to ask when I bring mine in for cleaning. Thanks!
  • Options
    I had these on my first ring. But, then we custom ordered another one. (The same setting, but the one they had couldn't be resized any smaller.) I don't have them in this ring now, but it does turn quite often. I'm going to see how it is in the summer (with my hand bigger) and with it sodered to the wedding band. If it still bothers me, I'm going to put them onto this ring too.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I forgot all about these.  I think I need to seriously inquire about them with my jeweler because he's "resized" my ring twice already and it's still big enough to the point where it can fly off of my hand... same with my wedding bands.

Balls.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Oh that's so cool! I had no idea these existed!! Thanks for the tip
  • Options
    I just wanted to say

Ball :)

That is all
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I think "balls" may be one of my new favorite words.

And I did want to add, if you go to a jeweler and s/he suggests the ones that are like adjustable springy sizers that aren't ball-shaped, DO NOT GET THOSE. They cut my finger when I tried to take the ring off and they made the ring WAY too small (this was a different, terrible jeweler we went to, who sucked balls. <----- See what I did there?)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Baaallllllllllllllllls

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_fun-fact-ring-sizers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c96390a5-042b-45ed-b355-811d67200ff8Post:dd69f4f4-878a-4297-b801-974dfc4b1b51">Re: Fun fact: Ring sizers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think "balls" may be one of my new favorite words. And I did want to add, if you go to a jeweler and s/he suggests the ones that are like adjustable springy sizers that aren't ball-shaped, DO NOT GET THOSE. They cut my finger when I tried to take the ring off and they made the ring WAY too small (this was a different, terrible jeweler we went to, who <strong>sucked balls. <----- See what I did there?</strong>)
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

HAHAH I like it

balls
  • Options
    hahahahahahaha

my fiance and I were emailing last week about our house dilemma and I told him to grow some balls. Apparently that isn't an appropriate thing to write in a work email - he got mad at me. I am glad we can all say balls here.
  • Options
    I want balls in my face. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_fun-fact-ring-sizers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c96390a5-042b-45ed-b355-811d67200ff8Post:e27d79a3-e377-480e-b648-ce30f95ea645">Re: Fun fact: Ring sizers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want balls in my face. 
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

You would, you perv. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hahahahahahaha everything about this thread became awesome
  • Options
    My plastic surgeon doesn't want me doing any activities where balls fly at my nose
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_fun-fact-ring-sizers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c96390a5-042b-45ed-b355-811d67200ff8Post:cfc788b5-7470-465a-afda-8af9bf38a5b7">Re: Fun fact: Ring sizers</a>:
    [QUOTE]My plastic surgeon doesn't want me doing any activities where balls fly at my nose
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

There goes your social life.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CLASSIC

balls
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    OMG I feel like such a heffer I had like 3 twizzlers and 2 peanut m&ms
  • Options

• Options
    mbody I hope there are many more opportunities for you to post that on the July board. Please file that away for future use.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_fun-fact-ring-sizers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c96390a5-042b-45ed-b355-811d67200ff8Post:58afa27d-5e04-45c5-bec1-514e2be2f2c5">Re: Fun fact: Ring sizers</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by mbody[/QUOTE]

haha!
  • Options
    Mbody! I love that :)
  • Options
    I was wondering what made a thread about ring sizers grow to over 30 posts... now I know :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    bahahahahahahaha I am totally LMAO....totally sad I missed this today! bahahahaha FI is looking at my like I"m crazy...all i said 'i love my girls!' bahahahaha

balls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards