Connecticut
Options

Grooms Cake

I dont usually post just lurk but I really could use some help. Does anyone have any recommendations on a fairly inexpensive baker who can make a grooms style cake for June 10th. We're having an engagement/surprise "good luck" party for my FI before he goes to the Olympic tryouts. Any suggestions on a baker in the Danielson-Plainville area?? Thanks in advance!
imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Grooms Cake

• Options
    id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I have no idea where danielson is but i dont think its near plainville..
    But in plainville theres, 
    mozzicatos
    mangificos
    and bolo 

maybe try one of those?
  • Options
    I'm not from that area, so I don't have any suggestions, but trying out for the Olympics is amazing! Good luck to him!
  • Options
    I'm using the Simsbury Inn for my groom cake that will look like a Boston Red Sox cap. I know Simsbury is a bit of a drive from Plainville but the cakes I tasted at their bridal show were amazing and they have great prices. Originally I was working with the Cake Gypsy in Canton but her prices were a lot more expensive and the Simsbury Inn has been a lot easier/nicer to work with.
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    A friend of mine had an awesome cake made for her husband's bday by Nicky's
    Sweet Treats (it both looked and tasted great!)  http://www.facebook.com/NickysSweetTreats/photos#!/NickysSweetTreats
    They are out of Putnam and I believe they are just starting out so they are probably
    inexpensive. 

Chocolate Rose out of Norwich is a popular bakery in this area but I'm not sure on their prices.  I had a piece of their cake at a bridal expo and it was excellent!

PPs- I think she meant to say Plainfield, not Plainville
  • Options
    I would try Bolo in Plainville! They do amazing work!

• Options
    PPs- I think she meant to say Plainfield, not Plainville Tanya - Thanks I did mean Plainfield. I'm from Providence so I'm still getting used to the area, plus I lived in Planville like 10 years ago for 6 months so I still get confused. Sorry for any confusion ladies but all your advice is appreciated. Cd - Thanks, I think he forgets that its an honor just to make it to the tryouts nevermind the Olympics. Of course that would be great too!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards