Connecticut
Options

Company Recs for shuttle purposes??

Hi All,

We are having an onsite wedding at Interlaken Inn in Lakeville, CT. We need a shuttle to take guests from the main building to the lake and back. A 2 hour max rental, any ideas of a company that would do this. Some of the limo companies are saying they have a 6 hour min.

TIA!

Re: Company Recs for shuttle purposes??

• Options
    I know a lot of brides are using First Student school buses (which I am going to as well, just haven't yet).  I believe I have seen they have gotten quotes of about $75 per hour.
  • Options
    I used First Student and they do any amount of hours.  And since it is a short ride, I think a school bus is ok, that is why I did it I only had a 5 minute ride for my guests.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_company-recs-for-shuttle-purposes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:020e554d-7dc7-4f11-8c58-b87eecf67ff1Post:b729bb1c-71aa-4067-8027-5af3ce312a28">Re: Company Recs for shuttle purposes??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used First Student and they do any amount of hours.  And since it is a short ride, I think a school bus is ok, that is why I did it I only had a 5 minute ride for my guests.
    Posted by cdbishop[/QUOTE]

Where they responsive with you? I have been trying to get in touch with Nancy after she sent me a quote and have heard nothing! It makes me nervous!
    Also, do they sign a contract?
    Thanks
  • Options

She responded to some emails, not all.  But if you call, it is easy to get a hold of.  She had sent me a 'contract' but really wasn't much to it, and I sent it in with a check which hasn't been cashed after 3 months.  But the day of there were no problems at all, the bus was on time and followed my itinerary and even shuttled later than I had scheduled as more people were left. 

If you have any real concerns give a call, but if you contacted her about the date and they said you are in the book, and you sent an itinerary you should be all set. 

• Options
    Does first student only have school busses?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, First Student only has school buses.
  • Options

I actually was married exactly a month ago at Interlaken..  We just had a couple of my cousins shuttle people back and forth in their cars.  It seemed to work for us...

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer anything I can!!  Our wedding was everything we could have possibly wanted, and more!

Anniversary
  • Options
    OMG you were married at Interlaken, I didn't think anyone on here knew about it. Would you mind if I PM you, I have a couple questions that I would love to run by yuo if you wouldn't mind. 

Thanks!!!
  • Options

PM away!  I'd be happy to answer anything!

I know.. I got all excited when I saw your post :)  No one has ever heard of Interlaken.  I'm hoping to post my full reviews soon :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_company-recs-for-shuttle-purposes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:020e554d-7dc7-4f11-8c58-b87eecf67ff1Post:0ed8961e-ff59-4b8c-981e-07e198886c7f">Company Recs for shuttle purposes??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi All, We are having an onsite wedding at Interlaken Inn in Lakeville, CT. We need a shuttle to take guests from the main building to the lake and back. A 2 hour max rental, any ideas of a company that would do this. Some of the limo companies are saying they have a 6 hour min. TIA!
    Posted by Amazing817[/QUOTE]

Just booked our school buses through Durham School Services - such a great price and so great to work with
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards