Connecticut
Options

hair opinions - what to do when veil comes off!

Hi CT ladies...

here is the updo i choose for my wedding. it is twisted in by 1 inch pieces on the side and the back looks just like the picture. i am going to wear a veil for the ceremony. should it be above the curls or under?  also i want to take the veil off for the reception.... should i put in a clip or just leave it plain? 

we are having a formal saturday evening wedding in march if that helps!

i'm so confused!  :)

http://www.projectwedding.com/photo/browse?photo_to_show=1122067&tag=hair+curly

Re: hair opinions - what to do when veil comes off!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't give much advice, as I have short hair, but have you asked your hairdresser? I'm sure they can lend some advice since they do this all the time.
    Just a thought.
  • Options
    bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmmm that's a tricky one... I'd say maybe stick the veil in right at the base of your hair where your hair meets your neck.  Not sure how well you can secure it there though.  I think the hairstyle is ornate enough that you won't need a clip after you take the veil off.  Plus there's no great place to put one since the look is kind of uniform over your whole head.  Cool hair do though!!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bring the veil to the hair trial appointment.  That's a very complicated hair style, so you should make sure that your stylist can actually pull it off with your hair!  That will give you time to play with the veil to see where it looks best, since it won't matter as much if you mess up the hairstyle since it's not your wedding day.

I think the hair style doesn't need anything else.  If you chose to add something, a sparkly or pearly clip would be great, or a flower.  Whatever you'd like!

Anniversary

• Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's my thoughts: bring the veil with you to the hair trial, then play around. I personally would put the veil at the top of your head, covering the curls for the ceremony. It also depends on how long you want your veil to be-- this wouldn't work if you want a short veil. I would be afraid that putting it below all the curls would pull them downwards, I would work with gravity! However, if you want a short veil, I would say to put it under- beautiful hairstyle! To bling it up I would consider placing bobby pins with pearls or sparkles throughout the hairstyle- you can do this before the wedding and then you have sparkles for the reception!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely bring the veil to your trial, that way you can envision all the different ways to wear it and see for yourself how you like it best. Also, if you're taking your veil off for the reception, I would put a slip or something in. I did and i loved leaving my little feather piece in all night without the veil!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards