Connecticut
Options

My wedding at Amarantes in New Haven

I was married on October 23rd 2010. We had hoped to be married on a beach in St Maarten however due to financial constraints of family we decided to be married locally by the water. We found Amarantes on the internet  and attended a bridal show there. I was very impressed  by the Gazebo that over looks the ocean. There are two places on the property. The Inn; which is very quaint for a smaller wedding and the Ball Room which is larger and beautiful as well. We used the ballroom. As with any function; location, food, and the service are key. The location was great. We were married by the Gazebo. Our guests were seated on the lawn. I walked from the building down the stairs feeling like a princess. It was such a romantic location. But it did not stop there; the banquet manager Jose Garcia and his son Junior are so expert at what they do everything goes smooth as silk. Our seating arrangement was not quite right; when we re-did our list, a few names were left off. He fixed it and things went very well. The service is so professional and the food was excellent. They provide a social hour and I chose the Gala buffet and open bar. There was so much food! Social hour the wait staff served hot hordorves and there was three stations with other selections. The cake was included and we chose Petonito's bakery in East Haven. The cake was beautiful and tasted just as great! Grace and Peter from Amarantes worked out the details with us. The price was reasonable for the incredible service provided.  My husband and I are unorganized when it comes to details. So having Jose as banquet manager was a blessing for us. We came the evening before for rehearsal. He went through everything with us. Our DJ's were Rick Mickens 860-324-6435 and Jonathan Dilaire 860-796-1315.They are very good; have a good feel for the crowd and kept the party jumping. Prices were very reasonable and will work with you if you are on a budget. My  photographer was Eduardo Landron his web page is eduardosphotography.com.  Very reasonable and very good. You can veiw his photos under galleries on his web page The florist I used was Fitzsgeralds onCampbell Ave West Haven CT They areb the best! not only for weddings butb for every occassion .I really had to stay on budget but my wedding was beautiful and a first class event!

Re: My wedding at Amarantes in New Haven

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Amarante's as well.  I'm happy that you had a great experience too!
    imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards