Connecticut
Options

Blocking Hotels

Okay so my fiance and I are trying to figure out where to block rooms for our wedding.  We are getting married in our church in Hamden but our reception is at Wadsworth Mansion in Middletown (so about 40 minutes apart).  I really would love to have everyone in one hotel but I do want guests to have the options.  We're stuck on where to block rooms.  I've called the hotels in Cromwell and in Meriden(and while I love the inn at middletown it is expensive and can only give us 10 rooms).  Only the Crown Plaza and Four Points Shertaon seem to have good deals and are available I'm kind of stuck as what to do- are there other hotels in the area that I haven't thought of??  There is also the fact that most of our guests are out of town and the night before activities will be all in the New Haven/Hamden area.  Help please!

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Blocking Hotels

• Options
    have you tried the marriott in wallingford?  i stayed there for a wedding and it was pretty nice. plus i think wallingford is in between the two towns.
  • Options
    Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    We went with the Inn at Middletown...I thought the price they gave us was very reasonable, but it also maybe becase of the time of year. We were able to get 20 rooms there.

Did you check out th Courtyard Marriott in Cromwell it is  about 20 minutes from where we are getting married ( the barns at wesleyan hills...we are providing transportation for guests that stay here too) They also had a great price. We have to get a second block there due to our current block at the inn being full, and the inn is sold out.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'll check the wallingford hotels.  

The courtyard in cromwell can only give us 5 rooms since there is already a large group booked for our weekend in Aug.

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The blocking paperwork that my hotel gave me was confusing.  I have no idea how many rooms to block off either.
    counting down to the big day
  • Options
    i love the Courtyard Marriott hotels. Sealed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards