Connecticut
Options

Alternative Music DJ

Hello, I am looking for some advice for wedding DJs that would be willing to play more alternative and/or indie music for our wedding in Wethersfield. We also would like to incorporate a lot of pop/dance/more typical wedding music into our mix. It's so hard to find wedding DJs that will play those genres.

Re: Alternative Music DJ

• Options
    Our DJ is Peter Devine from AfterHours, and he'll play whatever we want. He said anything he doesn't have we can provide. AfterHours has a huge database, and I found stuff in it that I thought I'd have to provide (like Two Door Cinema Club & Foster the People)

We met with, but didn't hire, Rob Alberti, and he pretty much told us the same thing as far as playing whatever we wanted. We liked him too, but Peter's price was better.

I think any DJ is willing to play what you want, but they will warn you that catering to your own tastes and not your guests has the potential to leaving your dance floor empty. It's not that they won't play, it's that they've been DJ-ing weddings for long enough to know what to play.
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP.  Any Dj should play whatever you want.  I used Milestone Entertainment and they were willing to play whatever we wanted.  We choose to let them decide b/c they would know what would get people on the dance floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards