Connecticut

budget wedding venue in CT? under 30 ppl for under $50 each if possible.

our total budget is about 2500 incld flowers and photos and a limo and my dress. is this at all doable? suggestions as to where to do it?
we are also considering travelling - im considering www.cedarwoodweddings in TN but then everyone has to travel - however my bridesmaids are in FL and NC and will have to get hotels so that figures in too. please help!

Re: budget wedding venue in CT? under 30 ppl for under $50 each if possible.

• jenjenctjenjenct member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our total budget is about 2500 incld flowers and photos and a limo and my dress. is this at all doable? suggestions as to where to do it?
    we are also considering travelling - im considering www.cedarwoodweddings in TN but then everyone has to travel - however my bridesmaids are in FL and NC and will have to get hotels so that figures in too. please help!
  • edited December 2011
    You will most likely get more responses if you post this on your local board. If you look to the left of the screen, there is a list of different boards. Click on the local wedding boards and then select your local. All of the general topic wedding boards are International boards. HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • ninacapricornninacapricorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was looking at 1820 house in Simsbury, its a B and B so accomidations can be arranged and i think there is a free ride to and from the airport for your guests.  Im not sure on the costs though.  I think Inns would be good for you since there is usually no minimum required.  Where in CT are you looking for?

• Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since it's a small wedding, you might be able to do one of the state parks for a ceremony (most of them are free or or very inexpensive) and then a small restaurant for dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure where in CT you are, but check into state/local parks.  Some parks have pavillions you can rent for $50-$250 per day, so this could be help with weather issues. 

Another option is having a Nov-Mar wedding date.  This is off season and could bring you some major deals! 

I did a lot of venue shopping in CT between Hartford towards western CT.  I recall the Inn at Middletown had a small room that could accomodate your event.  

The Inn at Newtown has a smaller room.  Here is a dinner buffet menu for $50 pp and a 30 person min.  Perhaps, you could even do a winter wedding here and save even more than the published price?  They also have limited rooms to stay overnight. 
    http://theinnatnewtown.com/pdf/DINNER_BUFFET.pdf

One last thing, I've found (chain) hotels have banquet rooms and tend to be lower in pricing.  They might not have master chef cuisine, but when you're working in a limited budget, it can be a great option for a decent menu! :)

Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

120 have been sent the invite image
    90 are ready to boogie image
    26 are party poopers image
    4 haven't read the etiquette book image
    RSVP DATE : April 10, 2011

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed with PP, state parks or maybe a backyard ceremony and then reception at a restaurant. Where in CT are you at? I know Marisa's in Trumbull has a catering menu for under $50 plus the private party area is pretty nice. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hey,
    This was just a link at the top of my gmail!  I clicked it!  You should check it out!
    It is in Westbrook, CT and appears to be in your budget!
    The website description is as follows:

The DELUXE WEDDING PACKAGE

A wedding ceremony and mini honeymoon.
    The Deluxe Wedding Package is for just the two of you. If you would like to have guests present for an additional fee you can have up to 20 guests with the Deluxe Wedding Package only.
    There is a $20 fee for each additional person attending the ceremony with The Deluxe Wedding Package.
    Wedding toast,  wedding favors, wedding cake  cheeseboard  and fruit are provided.

The Deluxe Wedding Package includes the following:

• Our Justice of the Peace. The ceremony is warm, personal and very special. You can also recite your own vows.
    • One Seasonal bouquet, boutonnieres and fresh floral cake topper. If you request any flowers for your bouquet other then the seasonal ones offered in our package they are considered a special order. Special orders start at $150 and you are responsible for the additional cost. Please add $75 for an additional bridal bouquet.
    • A live video of the wedding ceremony and various poses at the Inn put onto a DVD
    • Digital photos of your wedding ceremony at the Inn put on a CD.
    • Champagne or non alcoholic sparkling juice with keepsake flutes
    • A wedding cake for two
    • A just married flag for your vehicle
    • Wedding bubble favors
    • Three evenings stay in one of our beautiful rooms featuring a two person pedestal soaking tub, fireplace and all of our usual amenities and a choice of beer, white wine or sparkling non-alcoholic juice. Soda and bottled water are always stocked in the mini-refrigerator in your room. (The cost of the Deluxe Wedding package remains the same even if you do not stay three evenings)
    • Deluxe Wedding Ceremonies are done everyday
      $995 entire package - room use tax included
      $1,145 if ceremonies are performed on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
      May 1 - October 31.  
      There is an additional $200 fee added to Deluxe Ceremonies if they are performed on Holidays, Holiday weekends and special events. 

Although, this says only up to 20 guests - Maybe you could work something out with them since perhaps you would have some guests stay there.  Some of the pictures show it is near the water so it may be a nice choice for your budget!

http://www.angelswatchinn.com/elopement_wedding.htm

Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

120 have been sent the invite image
    90 are ready to boogie image
    26 are party poopers image
    4 haven't read the etiquette book image
    RSVP DATE : April 10, 2011

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Georginas in Bolton
    Angelinos on Main in West Hartford
    Publick House in Sturbridge Mass- They have a Winter package for 28 a person

Good Luck! HTH
    imageAnniversary Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards