Connecticut

Initials

After you are married what are your initials? First name, old last name , new last name?

Re: Initials

• Different cultures/social groups do different things. In my social crowd, the bride usually keeps her middle name and takes new last name leaving her maiden name behind. So Julie Anne Smith becomes Julie Ann Jones. However, it is not uncommon to see a woman take her maiden name as her middle name and thus become Julie Smith Jones.
  • its usually a personal choice, I decided to make my maiden name my middle name (I am excited to take FI's last name but I really love my maiden name!) So I would be following the "Julie Smith Jones" model.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • I agree it is personal choice.  I am moving my maiden name to my middle name just because it means a lot to me and I want to keep it.  You can also do First Middle Old Last New Last, but that can be lengthy depending on how long each name is.
  • I plan on moving my maiden name to my middle name as the others have stated and taking FH last name. FH has also agreed to take my maiden name as his middle name which I think is so sweet. We're already the MyLastName HisLastName Family so we will still be. My father passed away in 2004 and my last name will die and it's a great way to honor him as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards