Connecticut
Options

Engagement Pictures Locations

Any recommendations?

We are doing our engagement shoot in May/June if that helps and willing to travel anywhere in CT.

Re: Engagement Pictures Locations

• Options
    lfreeman24lfreeman24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We did ours at Harkness in Waterford. I loved it because there were so many different backgrounds/options to chose from that we got a lot of variety. Our Engagement Photo Blogpost is here if you're interested:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Those are beautiful @lfreeman24 - thank you for sharing them.  Harkness is definitely going on the list!!!
  • Options
    I would agree with Harkness Park.  there is also the branford house (can you do engagement pics there?), gillette castle, devil's hopyard (hiking trail with amazing waterfall, which is right next to the parking lot so no hiking needed to get there), downtown new haven if you are looking for cool architecture, any of the vineyards in CT, and wadsworth fall (another waterfall) in middetown are a few I've come up with
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_engagement-pictures-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:0f00129f-5da4-4705-ace9-02c13410b788Post:1829365a-9c17-4fcf-aaa0-cdad643f00d8">Re: Engagement Pictures Locations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would agree with Harkness Park.  there is also the branford house (can you do engagement pics there?), gillette castle, devil's hopyard (hiking trail with amazing waterfall, which is right next to the parking lot so no hiking needed to get there), downtown new haven if you are looking for cool architecture, any of the vineyards in CT, and wadsworth fall (another waterfall) in middetown are a few I've come up with
    Posted by SB1512[/QUOTE]

We had ours done at Wadsworth Falls then we went to Wesleyan's campus and did some there, then to Main Street Middletown.
  • Options
    We did ours at Jonathan Edwards winery in North Stonington, CT. I loved it! We were able to do some shots inside, in the barrel room, and some outside.
  • Options
    Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven!

We loved it because we were able to get grassy park shots and beachy shots. The lighthouse is also a great backdrop :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We had ours at Lyman Orchards in Middletown , there are tons of separate locations on the grounds like a lake, apple trees, corn maze, and a golf course. We got some awesome pictures there!  I also love vineyard engagement shoots! You can't lose with that landscape!   

Wedding Countdown Ticker not
  • Options
    We did ours at Dolce in Norwalk...loved the grounds so beautiful.

http://www.dolcenorwalk.com/photo-gallery/photo-gallery.asp

A couple of our favs...

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Mona8 I pm'd you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    demkoj1demkoj1 member