Honeymoon Discussions

Riveria Maya

We just got home from the travel agent and she sugested going to Miveria Maya for our honeymoon. Has anyone been to any of the all inclusives there? She suggested Exccellance and Secrets Capri.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Riveria Maya

• We will be at Secrets Capri in two weeks.  I will post a review when we return.  Mexico is great - I've been to three other all inclusives in the Riviera Maya area & Cancun.  I'm in Houston so for me its a two hour direct flight.  There are some great deals out there right now.  If you like beach and want to relax and be pampered, you can't go wrong with any of the Excellence or Secrets properties.  There have been some other threads  in the last two months on both this board and the travel board on The Nest.  Check them out along with TripAdvisor for reviews.  Happy Planning! 
  • Try the Palace Resorts they have 4 in that general area.  We went to Aventura Spa Palace last year and it was amazing, but I heard that they now allow children so I would check into that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_riveria-maya?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:538e9acb-48a2-4d33-88a6-048f99dbe780Post:89b0b9f9-6316-4db6-bb36-707e61641f75">Re: Riveria Maya</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try the Palace Resorts they have 4 in that general area.  We went to Aventura Spa Palace last year and it was amazing, but I heard that they now allow children so I would check into that.
    Posted by ellenalabama[/QUOTE]

Aventura allows kids only on south side of resort. North side is still adults only.
  • we looked at Secrets, and excellence resorts, but finally opted for Sandals after all the swine flu stuff last year.
  • I've neer heard of the Miveria Maya

We're headed to the Valentin Imperial Maya in January--- I can NOT WAIT!

I would check reviews on www.tripadvisor.com of the places that your TA suggested.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Secrets Capri is an adults-only, all-inclusive that is perfect for a honeymoon. The resort features the second largest barrier reef right off of its shore--perfect for snorkeling. The resort also has kayaks, sailing, windsurfing, water aerobics and much, much more.  When you get hungry, you can eat at any of the six restaurants or enjoy 24-hour room service if you are looking for a romantic evening in. Good luck with your decision!   
  • We went to the Royal in Playa del Carmen back in May for our honeymoon! We absolutely loved it. It is a gorgeous resort and everything was perfect!!! Its in Playa del Carmen which has a bunch on shopping on 5th Avenue, and the shuttle to Cozumel is located in town also. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards