Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Looking for suggestions for an August honeymoon

Hi,

We're getting married in August, 2013, and we're starrting to look at honeymoon destinations.  Neither of us has ever done the resort thing, but we'd be interested in trying it (thinking that it may be an 'easy', relaxing way of going about it after the hectic wedding planning/family stuff.)

Originally, we had thought maybe Jamaica or Turks and Caicos, somewhere like that, but then we realized that it's the wet/hurricane season.  Ideally, we would like somewhere warm (but perhaps not desert-hot) and not Europe (FI has too much family over there, and we don;t want to make it into a 'visiting family' trip.)

Thanks in advance for suggestions!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for suggestions for an August honeymoon

• Options
    You could pretty much go anywhere in the US in August and it'd be hot.  Where do you live?  I'm assuming Canada as you don't have a city under your username.  
  • Options
    a6a14173a6a14173 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Haha!  Yes, posting my city would have been a smart idea...  We live in Vancouver, Canada.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about going to Cape Cod?  Have you been there before?  Or are you looking for a city aspect too?  If so you could go to Boston, NYC, Chicago, San Fran, etc.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_looking-for-suggestions-for-an-august-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:5566e3b0-8263-4707-9363-7a0d5ab9008dPost:c66ffac5-4477-4eb4-9944-38670bb9d436">Re: Looking for suggestions for an August honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about going to Cape Cod?  Have you been there before?  Or are you looking for a city aspect too?  If so you could go to Boston, NYC, Chicago, San Fran, etc.  
    Posted by MrsGandthebeag[/QUOTE]

Good suggestion!  I was actually in Cape Cod this summer.  I drove coast to coast with my dog this summer visiting family, and we(dog and I) stayed there for a few days.  Beautiful spot, and the people were amazing and warm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are honeymooning close to then as well and had the same issue. If we can find a reasonable deal we are thinking either Tahiti/Bora Bora area or Thailand. Should be about the same type of weather as the carribean, but not their rainy season.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • Options
    We went to Bora Bora in the beginning of August this year.  It's not likely that you'll find a great deal to go there in August, but the weather was perfect the entire week we were there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    have you looked at Aruba?  I believe that is not in the hurricane belt.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    Couples Resorts in Jamaica - buy travel insurance and keep an eye on the weather. More then likely you'll be fine :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second Aruba! The weather is perfect in Aruba year round, below the hurricane belt, and August is technically in the low season. If you want to go the AI route, there are a few hotels with that option. But I would recommend not doing that since the restaurants in Aruba are wonderful and it's safe to explore the island on your own. Our honeymoon was in August in Aruba and we had an amazing time. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards