Connecticut
Options

Mother of the Bride/Groom Gift

So innitially I was going to get my mom and FI's mom zip-up hoodies embroidered with "Mother of the Bride" and "Mother of the Groom" to wear while getting ready. I'm having such a hard time finding hoodies in the sizes I need, so to save myself a little stress, I am abandoning the idea. BUT now I need to think of another gift to get for the moms. We got the dads cufflinks and plan to give both sets of parents a copy of the video and a photo album later this year, so it doesn't have to be anything extravagent. I'm trying to stay away from jewelry b/c they both have SO much of it and already have their jewelry for the wedding. Any ideas?

Re: Mother of the Bride/Groom Gift

• Options
    CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been thinking about getting my mom and his mom personalized hankies...I've found some beautiful ones on etsy.com for under $20! The MOTG one would say something like "(FI's Mom's name), Thank you for raising the man of my dreams, Love (me)" and I might have my mom's say "Today a Bride, Tomorrow a Wife, Forever Your Daughter". They have samples of different sayings! :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm just emotional today but this about made me choke up just now: "Today a Bride, Tomorrow a Wife, Forever Your Daughter". Such a beautiful sentiment!!I am no good at gift ideas :( Sorry...maybe a gift card for some spa services?
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did personalized hankies for my parents, they loved them, and it's something they will always have.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OMG love the hankie saying!!! What a great idea!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got hankies for my mom & my husband's mom.  I also got one for my DH that said "Groom" on it.  He used it a ton!!  I think it is such a sweet idea.  I got them at Gift Cottage in Bethel.
    Married since 7/25/2009
    BFP #1 9/25/2011 | EDD 6/1/2012 | M/C 10/26/2011 at 8w6d
    BFP #2 3/13/2012 | EDD 11/23/2012
    9DPO hcg: 45; Prog: 41 | 14DPO hcg: 694 | 17DPO hcg: 2733 | 28DPO hcg: 53,006
    First u/s 4/13 showed a beating heart! Second u/s 5/2 showed a HB of 163! Let's GROW, baby!
    He's here! Kellen born 11/16/12 - 8 lbs 8 oz 22 inches long via scheduled c-section (breech baby, gestational diabetes mama)
  • Options
    2BMrsAnthony2BMrsAnthony member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Love the idea too!  I found a gorgeous one on Etsy with that saying.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/CoutureWeddingHankie

This is from the son, but I'm sure it can be made to say: Today a Bride...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards