Connecticut
Options

CT OOT Welcome Bags

Hi Ladies! I am planning on putting together welcome bags for all of our out of town guests (quite a few) but am hoping you can help me with some ideas. Does anyone knoe where I can get maps/guides? Also, I am trying to put in things local to CT in twerms of snacks or anything really. Anyone else do this or have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated! Our wedding is the 25th of this month and it's a fall wine/vineyard theme wedding so anything to follow these too would be great! Thanks!
Take every moment for what it's worth and every day as it is your last. You never know what lies ahead in the next moment or if you'll even be around to find out. BabyFruit Ticker

Re: CT OOT Welcome Bags

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For CT stuff, we had Deep River potato chips & cheddar popcorn (so good!), Pepperidge Farm snacks, Bare Naked granola, and Munson's Chocolates (I put a small box with 2 truffles in each bag). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I like the Pepperidge Farms and Munson's chocolates idea! Great! Appreciate the help! Did you put any maps or guides, etc in the bags?
    Take every moment for what it's worth and every day as it is your last. You never know what lies ahead in the next moment or if you'll even be around to find out. BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had info about area attractions on our website and included directions with the invitations, but I didn't put anything like that in the gift bags.  I wanted to, but ended up running out of time.  Everything I mentioned can be ordered online or purchased at BJ's.  You should be able to get it in time for your wedding.  The chocolates might require an additional fee to place a rush order.  We also had water, 100 calories packs, cheese crackers, and Twizzlers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what town ar eyou getting married in. I'm in New haven and there is a visitors center downtown, you can go and get maps etc. Also think about contacting your local chamber of commerce they usually will send things directly to you and since it's local it will likely take a few days gl
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    also local to new haven area  (again not sure where you are ) Foxon Park soda - east haven Lyman Orchards - Middlefield (all kinds of pies / baked goodies)  Ct vineyards you can google them and include small bottles maybe not sure if they have them
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    acapalboacapalbo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to my local liquor store and had them order me small bottles of wine (187ml) for about $1.75 each for woodbridge. I tried contacting the mystic visitor center but apparently they closed a few days before Labor day due budget issues. We also put in hang over stuff like gatorade and packets for advil for the morning after. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pez candy (manufactured in Orange, CT) if you have any families with kids..or fun grown-ups
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Call for your local visitor's center or tourism bureau, they can give you a lot of free stuff to put into your OOT bags. Check out smaller, local grocery stores like Labonne's in Watertown for locally made groceries and snacks. Labonne's has tons of stuff made by local farms and bakeries, cookies, jams, honeys, etc, even doggie treats. Also Bigelow Tea is locally headquartered.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got honey and bee's wax candles from http://ct-honey.com/. Not sure how fast he can do it since your wedding is next week, but call him, he was great for us. We got smaller jars then he has posted on his website, just ask him about other options. I think our jars are 4 oz. They weren't "cheap" (I think around $4.50 each) but they are super cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards