Connecticut

**rel830**

Hi there!  I hope married life is treating you well and that you had an awesome wedding day!I have a couple of questions for you about the Candlewood Inn.  No rush to answer them; just if you have a free minute!First, I know they don't do tastings of the food, but did they let you try the different kinds of cake/fillings?  Did you do your ceremony on site or did you in a church?  I was just wondering when they breakdown the chairs from the outdoor ceremony.  I wouldn't want them doing it during cocktail hour because everyone would be outside (weather permitting, of course) but I also wouldn't want them to do it during the first dance, toasts, dinner, etc because they everyone would see it outside the big windows . . .  Probably a weird question, but I've been wondering!  Thanks so much!  Have a great night!Angela
Wedding Countdown Ticker
215image 174image 41image

Re: **rel830**

• rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, Someone on here posted (I think about FHI - maybe Stephy) that you can actually taste the cake, they just don't tell you. I'm assuming that if FHI does it Candlewood will. I'd call and ask. (Have you dealt with Christian and/or Melissa at all yet? They're both really helpful.)We had our ceremony there. I believe they broke down the chairs almost as soon as it was over, and did it really quickly, because we were out there doing pictures and I don't remember even seeing it. (I have a bunch of informal pictures taken outside during cocktail hour and there are no chairs on the lawn.) Most people at our cocktail hour stayed either inside or closer toward the actual building, especially right at the beginning, so I think it's not a huge deal. It seems like they get it done pretty fast. But I do understand why you're wondering! How is the planning going? I can't remember who you said your other vendors were... Good luck! And let me know if you have any other questions. Have a good night!
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!  I haven't worked with Christian or Melissa yet.  I guess that will happen as we get closer to the date.  I've heard good things about them, though!  I will ask about the cake tasting.  It's not a big deal, but it would be fun to try out all the different combinations!  Planning is going well; thanks for asking!  We booked the big things, but haven't booked the florist, limo/shuttle, hotel . . . or the officiant -- we should probably take care of that soon; it's pretty important!  Haha!  I know you told me which hotel you used, but I forgot.  Was it the Marriot?  What did you think?  Did they provide a shuttle?Okay, I'll stop bugging you with questions!  Thanks for your help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • rel830rel830 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No worries - ask away if you have questions! Yes, we used the Courtyard by Marriott in Danbury. We were happy with it - the rooms were nice. the place seemed pretty well run and our guests were happy. They provide a 6-person van that will make two trips, but that's it. We were thinking about getting a shuttle (First Student in Brookfield will give you a bus and driver for $300), but in the end we figured most of our guests would want to drive anyway and the rest could carpool. It ended up working out fine, though I definitely understand wanting a shuttle. We also didn't use a limo, but if you do maybe you can get a deal on a shuttle through them. The officiant was our last big "vendor" too...good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards