Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Jamaica this May!

We are headed to Couples swept away at the end of May.  Anyone have anything to say? Hope we made the right choice!!   So excited!

Re: Jamaica this May!

• Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Love Couples Swept Away!

Couples Swept Away is romantic and on a gorgeous beach. I'd recommend the included snorkelling trips and water-skiing from their list of included activities. Personally, I prefer the older 'garden view" rooms. We love them. They're minimalist, with no tv, a large shower that easily accommodates 2, a huge bed in the middle of the room with lots of natural terra cotta colors and white fabrics-- this feels romantic and tropical to me. The windows have wooden louver (with mesh) that allow the jungle sounds in and keep the bugs out. And the upper level rooms come with balconies with large day beds on them. It's in Negril, which in my opinion is the best beach in Jamaica (calm, warm waters free of seaweed and jellyfish, with powdery white sand, endless space to roam)-- so if you're beach people, it doesn't get any better!  There spa area is also really nice and open, and we've gotten couples massages there often. Walk down the beach (right, not left) to Cosmo's restaurant for authentic Jamaican food--especially some good jerk chicken. Take a day trip to Dunn's River Falls if you can, and visit Rick's cafe for sunset drinks and music and a possible jump off the cliffs if you're brave!
  • Options
    YAY!!!    Thanks for the heads up!  Besides the falls, did you leave the resort much?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards