Connecticut
Options

**starrbuk**

Way to go,posting those essays. I just skimmed through them and still don't know what SUBJECT they were testing with that painting one... I rambled, a lot. At least the CT exam did not ask us to evaluate the validity of an "I O U" as a negotiable instrument... wtf? Do we get breakdowns with our scores? I have no idea how I managed to pass (I am sure several hundred people feel the same way). I thought the multiplechoice was a LOT harder than I anticipated and there were a few essays that were rediculously easy and then there were others where I BSed my way through. I did not take secured transactions or negotiable instruments or wills/trusts/estates so I am just glad I got through it :)

Re: **starrbuk**

• Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol no kidding...when i look back i wonder how the hell i ever knew enough to pass, too!! i thought both days were about the same, but i was scared beyond belief of the essays. i literally felt like i was going to throw up until i finished. i studied a LOT more for the MBE so i was reeeeaaallly nervous for the essays. in the end tho, i agree...some were not bad, others were total BS answers lol. question 1 was a mystery to everyone i think! i guessed personal property, but who the hell knows! the kid in back of me wrote his entirely on adverse possession...don't ask me why, but he did! at least he helped all of us pass :) we didn't get a total breakdown, but your MBE scaled score should be on the bottom of the letter you got giving you your swearing-in information. and for the IOU thing...i think the lady who did commercial paper and those barbri videos (paula whats her face...the property lady!) said 1 thing about an IOU in the CT video, but certainly not enough for an essay! leave it to NY!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha the crazy italian paula lady, I could not stand her. Adverse possession... interesting... except we were not given a statute of limitations or whatever its called for AP and certainly the few months each person had it would not qualify. As good a guess as mine. I wrote personal property too, if thats what you call it. Something about title, and only having as good a title as the person that gave it to you... I know nothing about title lol. I totally BSed that. I also totally did not recognize that the admin question was an admin so my answer was fine I believe except that I failed to use the word ADMINISTRATION in my answer. There were a few other wacko ones but boy am I glad! Where abouts do you work now/did you work?
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol yeah my admin answer was BS too! whichev. and you can only take REAL property by adverse possession! the statute of limitations in the question was to throw people off! at least 1 guy fell for it lol! i work for Horton Shields & Knox right now, but as a clerk. they do a lot of appeals and such...they did both the Kelo case and the Kerrigan case...so big profile stuff, but i dont get to get involved in that fun lol. its a great job, but as a rule, they dont hire their clerks right away. plus we just had a new associate start in september, so i'm really SoL! im looking all around the hartford area, so we'll see. i have an interview in willimantic on wednesday so i'm keeping my fingers crossed! lord knows my student loan company wants me to get a job! they've already come knocking :( you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey, shoot me an email alina bricklin gmail
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards