Connecticut

Hartford Bridal Show, WON a Trip via touringamerica.info, thoughts?

HI All,

This evening I got a call from touringamerica.info and they told me that I won a week long vacation to FL from a form that I filled out this weekend at the Bridal show in Hartford.

The company is touringamerica.info, the person sounded very odd and I'm VERY sceptical. They want to talk to both us at the same time so they are calling back tomorrow night.

Any thoughts? Anyone know if they are legit? 

TIA!

Re: Hartford Bridal Show, WON a Trip via touringamerica.info, thoughts?

• It depends, I guess did you actually fill something out for this company at the show?  I know I got a call 2 weeks ago saying I won a trip to Florida for a honeymoon but I hadn't filled anything out.  When I told the guy on the phone that I wanted to see something in writing he said goodbye and hung up.  

I would just be careful, maybe do some research on the Company and ask for something in writing so you can see what it actually says.  
  • edited February 2012
    I hate to say that 99% of those are scams.  I always recommend to people that they set up a separate wedding email and not give out your phone number to random vendors at the shows because a lot of those people will continue to call you non stop and promise you things that aren't actually free.  Some of them will even sell your information to other sketchy vendors.

I guess it doesn't hurt to listen to them, but be prepared for a hard press sales pitch.  If they tell you you have to pay any money at all, don't go for it.  Most likely they will tell you there are fees or that you have to sit through some informational session like a timeshare which lasts all day.  They are miserable and completely uncomfortable.  When a company calls lots and lots of people offering a free week long vacation, be skeptical.  If a legit company did that, they would make no money.  Usually, there's a big monitary catch to those deals.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards