Connecticut

Insurance?

I'm wondering how do some of you prepare for the unpredictable - such as if vendor suddenly goes bankrupt on you or whatever? 

Is it necessary to get wedding insurance?  And how does it work (one time fee etc)?

Thanks!

Re: Insurance?

• edited December 2011
    you can go to protectmywedding.com to learn more about wedding insurance. I am not sure if this is something I will be doing, but the website is pretty helpful to understand what they will cover, and the different level of coverages and add ons.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to buy a policy as it gets closer to our date from wedsafe.com
    It's a one time lump sum payment and they have wedding insurance coverage, which covers cancellations or unforseen events and liability coverage, which covers if anything happens to your guests or venue.  (sometimes venues require you get liability insurance above and beyond what they offer esp if alcohol is served).  You can get a free quote online from them.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to wedsafe and bought a policy.

Considering that the wedding cost as much as one of our cars, the $300 for the insurance seemed like a small price to pay.
  • megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_insurance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:2b364a3f-2a2c-4369-a45f-32d721aae382Post:664783fd-67c4-42cf-87bd-34971e7f4814">Re: Insurance?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went to wedsafe and bought a policy. Considering that the wedding cost as much as one of our cars, the $300 for the insurance seemed like a small price to pay.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

Did you get Liability AND Cancellation Insurance?  Or did you just do one?
  • edited December 2011
    We got our insurance from wedsafe too.  I think it's definitely worth the money.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards