Connecticut
Options

Sunday Ceremony

Has anyone here had a Sunday wedding ceremony? We'd like to for financial reasons but are concerned that churches won't do Sundays. Thanks!

Re: Sunday Ceremony

• Options
    You shouldn't have a problem finding a JOP who will marry you on a Sunday, but if you don't normally attend church it's not really appropriate for you to be married in one.  I would just have your ceremony at the same venue as your reception.
  • Options
    I assume you've asked the church you're members of? If they refused to have a ceremony on Sunday, you could ask them for suggestions for other churchs within your denomination nearby that might be able to host a sunday ceremony.

Otherwise, you'll probably have to hire a JOP like PP said. You could have your ceremony at the reception venue. 
  • Options
    I would suggest getting married at the venue. Im getting married on a sunday and saved soooo much money. What venue did you choose?
  • Options

Have you asked the church? My minister had no problem with us planning on a Sunday wedding, so long as it was after church! :) We are Congregational, though. If not, maybe an outdoor wedding at your reception venue?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards