Connecticut

Jack and Jill

My aunt is planning to throw my shower for me and wants it to be a jack and jill (men and women invited) cocktail party set up. Has anyone had a J&J shower before?  What is the etiquette here...who gets the invite and who doesn't. I'm not into the idea of inviting every single guest to my shower.  Help please!!

Re: Jack and Jill

• I don't know either try the etiquette board theres smart ladies there
  • Are you having like, a jack and jill party? Where people buy tickets and that's their "gift" and there's raffles and food? Or just inviting men and women to the shower? Generally, a shower is for the close friends/family, so if I'd think you'd invite the guests you're close to.
  • My aunt threw us a 'Jack and Jill' but we called it a couples shower on the invitations because I didn't want anyone to be confused and think that tickets were going to be sold. 

The etiquette applies here for couples just as it does for ladies - invite those you're close to.  Did she give you a #?  That may help determine who to put on the guest list.
  • I agree with PP- invite couples you are closest to, just like you would in planning a female only bridal shower.
  • showers are usually different from jack and jills (as far as Im used to anyway!).. for mine, Im having a bridal shower with just the girls from my family and close friends, then for our Jack and Jill (which usually takes the place of bachelor & bachorlette parties= one combined party instead) we will be inviting everyone who is going to the wedding and selling tickets for it.
  • We are thinking of having a Jack and Jill shower too (since my sister asked) but also not the kind where you sell tickets...just a shower for both men and women.  We would invite our families and our close friends, otherwise we'd have 200 there!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards