Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Ireland

Has anyone been to Ireland or have any recommendations?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ireland

• Options
    My fiance and I are going to Ireland as well! I went once, too, when I was younger. My biggest recommendation is to see Ashford Castle. It is the most romantic place! Blarney Castle is quite worthwhile too.
  • Options
    FI and I drove through a lot of Ireland last year, since FI and I are big foodie's we wrote a food journal and snuck some photos of our favorite dishes for our album :)

Kinsale (in western Cork) was so charming, a quaint little seaside town full of history, delicious little bakeries and shops. (if you enjoy seafood, go to "fishy fishy cafe")

Kilkenney is a great town, very artsy and different. Also very good restaurants.

In Dublin, our favorite restaurant was "the pig's ear"   boasted a very creative, seasonal menu and inspiring presentation.
    Also while there we enjoyed a visit to the Kilhamain Gaol (jail) it was sobering to hear of the stories of the famous men and women jailed there whilest fighting for their country's independence.

In Cork, our favorite restaurant was "La Boqueria" (named after the market in Barcelona) Was a great spot for drinks and delicious tapas...seriously we went there twice during our 4 days in Cork. 
    Also, if staying in Cork, check out the English Market, there's a little restaurant on the second floor that serves fresh soups, stews etc from the market below...or get a juicy sausage sandwhich from one of the butchers.

Overall, FI and I agree Galway and Kinsale were our favorite towns (well despite the fact that FI proposed to me in Cork).  That being said, I also recommend Dublin, it was a wonderful city with lots to see and do, but 3-4 days is probably enough there.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just got back from Ireland last week - it's so beautiful! I stayed in Galway for a week and Dublin for a weekend. Galway is absolutely stunning and I wish I had stayed there the extra weekend and skipped Dublin altogether. From Galway I did trips to the Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, and Connemara. Galway itself isn't super huge. There's lots of shops and pubs, but the pubs offer music every night and the people were incredibly friendly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards