Connecticut
Options

Who is your photographer?

I'm looking for someone who has an eye to catch those little moments and facial expressions that nobody might notice, and the emotions and feelings of the day.

In my wedding research I fell in love with a photographer's work, but they cost over $6,000...it's just too much for us to spend.

I'm hoping to stay in the $2,000-3,000 range (closer to $2,000). Photo rights must be included. It would be great if a second shooter was included. We don't care about albums or anything, we'll make our own. It might be too much to ask for an e- session to be included, but that would be awesome! I have found some photographers I like so far, but nobody I love...recommendations please!!

Re: Who is your photographer?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with HK.$3000 (+ tax) and we get 2 shooter for unlimited hours, an enagement session, rights to ALL pics, and some other stuff.
  • Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Ashley Stelzer (AE Stelzer Photography)- spending about $1000 and we get engagement pictures, a book and unlimited shooting all day. She's super artsy (which is why I chose her), and we just had our e-pics and they were GREAT!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fabuluxe Photos.She charges a little less than $3k. Her package includes a second photographer and an e-pic or boudoir shoot, as well as CD of photos. Lot's of us have used her here, her name is Claudia and she if fantastic! 
    www.fabuluxephotos.net (blog) fabuluxephotos.com (website)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amanda Rose photography... package is 6 hours with 2 shooters, engagement session included, rights to all photos included, about $2150
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tim from TAB Photograhic--definitely within your budget, and is really creative (and a cool guy!)

One of our 2nd choices was Jewel Photo--she has a great eye, too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    LOVE LOVE LOVE our photographers!! Highly suggest them!! They are great to work with & their packaging is the best around!!

King Vincent Storm
    www.kingvincentstorm.com
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    RNJadeRNJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Linsday Vigue Photography!! She is very artistic and amazing!! Just love her and her prices are well under $2000 mark

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Sidney Chang from Sidney Chang Photography (www.sidneychang.com) and I also really love Jim Altieri''s work. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tim from TAB Photographic! He's amazing! Within your budget, he'll work with you as well! He's great!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_photographer-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:3b79ec23-cb75-4be1-b61d-81a4d2d76d9dPost:6c3ac347-0fa4-4145-8da9-9747fc672808">Re: Who is your photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fabuluxe Photos.She charges a little less than $3k. Her package includes a second photographer and an e-pic or boudoir shoot, as well as CD of photos. Lot's of us have used her here, her name is Claudia and she if fantastic!  <a href="http://www.fabuluxephotos.net" rel='nofollow'>www.fabuluxephotos.net</a> (blog) fabuluxephotos.com (website)
    Posted by mwitter80[/QUOTE]

Ditto! Claudia is fantastic!
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aurora Photography and Jennifer McCann Photography.  I love them both, I can't believe what a great job they both did.
  • Options
    Amanda1443994Amanda1443994 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Matthew J. Wagner Find Photography! He definitely has an eye for catching those little moments. Our friends used him in their wedding 2 years ago and we just booked him for ours. We're spending $4000 but that includes 2 photographers for 9 hours, a $1200 leather bounded album, and rights to the photos. He gives you a menu of options and you can build whatever package you want. Check out his website. He is AMAZING!

http://matthewjwagner.com/
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *Fine Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and if you book Matthew J. Wagner during your consultation he gives you a free E-session !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Keith Claytor from TimeFrozen photography.  We get 2 shooters all day full rights, etc.  He works with his wifr and they make a great team.  The price was great and we LOVE our e-pics!
    http://timefrozen.com/
    "All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have Alexis Stein Photography.  I also fell in love with $5000+ photographers, because I'm a total art/photography snob.  Alexis trained at Rhode Island Institute of Design, which is one of the best art schools in the country.  She and her fiance have been shooting for over a decade, and have had some huge accolades in that time.

Our package worked out to be $2600 with discounts and such - includes 8 hours of 2 photographers (Alexis & Keith, the owners - not some anonymous 'back-up'), an engagement session, and full rights to all photos.  They also tossed in a free 8x11 from our engagement shoot. 

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with HK Photography. I love them! unlimited hours, engagement session, album, rights included, and will work with your budget!
    Visit The Knot! Visit Connecticut.Weddings.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Visual Obsession! All right are included and you get two shooters.
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with HK Photography too!!! We just had our engagment session with them and had an absolute blast!!! I can't wait to see the pics!! They really are the best! They know what they're doing and are really unique and creative! Their pacakages are very affordable and like the previous ladies mentioned-- their packages includ all day coverage and not just 6-8 hours. They're with you from the beginning to end. Check them out!! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MysteryDahliaMysteryDahlia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Juliet's work at West on Jade Photography (www.westonjade.com). Her work is awesome-- I recently booked her for my friend's wedding and can't say enough good things... so I'm posting praises all over these boards  :)

Her costs seem to run between $1000-1500, at least for the 6 hour wedding I'm planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am checking one by one. great post.
    abc
  • Options
    Whtara10Whtara10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Michelle Ferro and she is amazing! She also did my maternity pics and my daughters pictures. She is also very reasonable an I believe has different packages to fit your budget. Definity won't cost you $6000. You can check her out at ferrophoto.com
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kate212kate212 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Mia Paige Photography. I paid just under $2000 for 8 hours, 2nd photog included and the rights to all the photos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello,   I am thinking about using HK photography. I see that your package includes an e-session, unlimited hours, ect. May you please tell me the price of your package and the things that are included in your package?Thanks!Amma 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We feel in love with Catherine Fiehn, her website is http:/www.catherinefiehnphotography.com She is less then $6000 but is amzing at capturing details and emotions, which is what drew me to her photos. She is also very creative, looked at a lot of photographers and she had things others just didn't. It's like most photographers have a certain style through out but she has a little of everything I guess you could say eccletic??
  • Options
    foxycleopatrafoxycleopatra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using AE Stelzer Photography.

We are getting an engagement session, save the dates, 12X12 40 page album, and 8 hours coverage for 3000.  I know she's running a special right now till the end of November.  
  • Options
    6k is a lot for wedding photography. my budget is around 2500 - 3000

who did you ended up choosing? 
  • Options
    lac1252lac1252 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm using Tim Wong of Timecut Photography. He is charging $2,800 for 9 hours of coverage, two photgraphers, engagement session and all the rights to photos.
  • Options
    FYI all, this is a very old post...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards