Connecticut
Options

save the date question

On the save the date what town do you put on it, where the church is located or the town of the reception? I asked the owner of a paper store and he said you can do either....

Re: save the date question

• Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put where the reception is since we are having a very short curch ceremony, the largest chunk of time will be where the reception is. Just my preference though!
  • Options
    cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do anything.  I am doing the same thing where my ceremony is at a church in Norwich and then our reception is in another town.  Instead of confusing people, I just kept the town out of it.  If it's near where you live and no one is expecting it to be a destination wedding or anything then I think you'll be fine.  No one commented to me asking where mine would be.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would put wherever you intend to block hotels - closer to your ceremony or closer to your reception.  I think it's just important to give them an idea if they'd have to drive vs. fly, and so whichever you choose would be fine as I assume they're a reasonable drive from each other!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards