Connecticut

need a backup engagement site, quick!

So my FI and I have our engagement photos are June 5th, a tuesday.  We wanted to have our photos done at a vineyard in our town, and i contacted one of the owners about it.  She was very excited, said it was no problem, all she asked was that we be sure to put on photos on their facebook page when we got them back.  It suddenly occured to me today that the vineyard is closed for business Mon-Wed.  Now when I spoke to her I def gave her the date, so part of me assumes it will still be ok, but if not, I need a backup plan, and rather soon.  I emailed the owner of the vineyard this morning to specifically ask if using their site is still a yes even though it's on a tuesday.  If we end up not being able to go there, does anyone have any suggestions?  Our photographers are out of the danbury area, and will travel up to 1hr for free (anything over an hour is an extra $200, so we want to keep their travel within that 1 hour range)

Re: need a backup engagement site, quick!

• If you can't go to the vineyard, what type of look are you going for? Beach? Fields and woods? A cityscape? That'll help narrow down the options.

• We are also taking out e-pics at a vineyard but on a friday (gouveia to be exact) they actually recc. when I called to do it on a day they are closed. The only thing is that you will not have any access the inside of the vineyard (i.e. pouring room, bar area, etc) HTH!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    outdoors definietly.  a few other places I've thought of are sleeping giant, wadsworth falls, southford falls.  but, i really liked the achitecture of the building of this vineyard, and thought it would make for some cool shots, so I'd like a place where we could be outside and have a cool building to use.  even though everyone says the scenery isn't important, it's the sentimental value of the site, our photo session will start about a hour and a half before sunset, and FI proposed at sunset, so getting some shots of the sun setting does hold value to us.
  • SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_need-a-backup-engagement-site-quick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:408c25f9-eacc-4486-8d72-c7e9f49d0028Post:1c5a8553-bf91-4848-a92b-39094fab440b">Re: need a backup engagement site, quick!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are also taking out e-pics at a vineyard but on a friday (gouveia to be exact) they actually recc. when I called to do it on a day they are closed. The only thing is that you will not have any access the inside of the vineyard (i.e. pouring room, bar area, etc) HTH!
    Posted by Christine9866[/QUOTE]

Haha, Paradise Hills is our vineyard choice!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_need-a-backup-engagement-site-quick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:408c25f9-eacc-4486-8d72-c7e9f49d0028Post:1c5a8553-bf91-4848-a92b-39094fab440b">Re: need a backup engagement site, quick!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are also taking out e-pics at a vineyard but on a friday (gouveia to be exact) they actually recc. when I called to do it on a day they are closed. The only thing is that you will not have any access the inside of the vineyard (i.e. pouring room, bar area, etc) HTH!
    Posted by Christine9866[/QUOTE]

We did ours here on a Sunday and didn't even go inside b/c the grounds were so nice!
  • We had ours at Wadsworth Falls.  I grew up right there so it was perfect for us. 
  • We had ours done at Chatfield hollow.  I dont believe there were any buildings there, but they had a really nice old covered red bridge, a stone bridge and a couple other really nice places to take photos
  • There are 2 vineyards in the Danbury/Bethel area maybe one of them might be open.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards