Connecticut

Skinny Girl Margaritas

So next sat FI and I are heading to Florida for a nice relaxing vacation and I cant wait to sit on the beach with my drink in my hand!   My usual drink of choice is a Margarita but i know they have a million calories and since I have been watching what I am eating I have heard of these Skinny Girl Margaritas.. Anyone had them? How do they compare? Thanks girls :)
imageAnniversary Vacation

Re: Skinny Girl Margaritas

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOOOOOVE Skinny Girl! You have to get used to it at first, but after the first drink or two you'll love them and love that they're so much better for you. Basically what Bethenny did (the creator) was she removed the sour mix from the recipe and replaced it with agave.  DH and I joke that we want to buy it by the case! We both love it and that it's much better for us and all you have to do is open the bottle and pour and it's ready!
  • edited December 2011
    I've only tried it once, but I LOVE Bethanny. She is AWESOME!
  • edited December 2011
    I love them! Always have bottles in the house. I am a margarita fan and now this is the only way that I do it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Such a good question...I recently learned how many calories were in a margarita and was shocked!!! 
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    LOVEEEEEEEEEE em!! Soooo good & I heart Bethany!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Never tried them but now I want to!! Are there different flavors?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm not gonna lie - i was totally dissapointed in the pre-made bottled SG margarita after hearing rave reviews from friends.  it just doesn't compare to a normal margarita, i'm sorry!  (although it is tastier with a salted rim).  and honestly...they're not THAT skinny...it's still something like 200 calories on 8 oz, right?

personally, i'd rather to a cherry vokda & diet (2 oz of vodka is only 140 cals) or something like that and save my calories for a splurge on a real margarita...

i'm such a debbie downer right now arent i?  lol
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls... Starrbuk- not too much of a debbie downer figured had to be too good to be true.. lol! But i think i will try them anyway and since I skip the salt on the rim I think that wont help any.. but i might try the cherry vodka and diet.. sounds yummy!!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree!  Cherry vodka with diet, what a great idea!  I also like vanilla vodka with diet!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Have to say that I agree with Starrbukk, I wasn't a fan. BUT my sisters are huuuge fans of it. So I guess it is just a matter of personal taste. Margaritas usually give me heartburn anyways, so i guess I am biased :) I would definitely say that it's worth trying - you may end up loving it. My sisters are big fans of those "Hungry Girl" cookbooks, and there is one called "Hungry Girl Happy Hour"...maybe if you google it you could find some more low-cal recipes? Enjoy your vaca!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    I just tried a Skinnygirl Margarita for the first time last night and I am not a fan!
    imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards