Connecticut
Options

Marie's Bridal Salon in Fairfield

Hey Ladies,
I found a dress that I love and am trying to decide which bridal salon to purchase it from. Has anyone gotten their dress from Marie's Bridal on the Black Rock Turnpike in Fairfiled? Everyone that worked there seemed super nice and helpful, but I am hoping to get some first hand reviews about how yourexperience was purchasing a dress and getting it altered through them. Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kim

Re: Marie's Bridal Salon in Fairfield

• Options
    I personally love classic brides by Eva in Stratford. All her alterations are included and she's fantastic.
  • Options
    I shopped there but did not buy. The ladies were very nice but the place is very small & was crowded.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I went there and it was awful. There were two customers (including myself) and three employees. One employee was helping the other bride and the other two told me to look through the racks myself. They left me alone for 20 minutes. I stormed out. I would not recommend them.

I bought my dress at Bridal Trousseau in Branford. Everyone there treats you like they've known you for years and as though you are a friend, not a customer. I would highly recommend that shop to anyone.
  • Options
    Classic Brides by Eva is fabulous.  Marie's has horendous customer service...I do not recommend. 
  • Options
    I just bought my dress from Marie's and so did all my bridesmaid.  I have been to their shop several times now and each time they have been excellent with their customer service.  Paula has gone above and beyond to work with me and my girls to make sure I am happy and help to get my dream dress within my budget! :) I could not say enough positive things about my experience with them so far. I ordered my dress, sparkle belt and veil with them and all 5 bridesmaid dresses. Marie's was recommended to me from one of my bridesmaids who previously got a bridesmaid dress from there and one of my friends who got her wedding gown from them too. They are very sweet ladies; it's a family business of 65 years!  Definitely go with Marie's! Feel free to use me as a referral if you would like or PM me if you have any other questions. I went to many dress shoppes, probably too many lol and still always wanted to buy from Marie's. :)

Just an FYI- I live in Branford and still traveled all the way to Fairfield numerous times to buy from Marie's.  I have very close friends and friend's of friend who have had nothing but nightmare experiences from Bridal Trousseau in Branford! Beware and shop at your own risk!  Like I said, I am from Branford and refuse to set foot in there because of the countless horror stories I have been told about them.

• Options
    Rissa - What have you heard? I ordered my dress from there back in October. I have had nothing but fabulous experiences so far. My consultant treats me like a friend, not a customer and has gone above and beyond to make sure everything is right. I am curious to see what you have heard because now I am nervous.
  • Options

I don't mean to make you nervous. I will preface my previous comments and any others about them by saying that I do know one person who had a good experience that sounds similar to yours. However, all other experiences I've heard about were in regards to dishonesty, upcharges/overcharging, last minute misfortunes, not abiding by contacts and/or money discussed previously, very poor costumer service once they make the sale, etc. But like I said, my one friend was the lucky one that didn't experience any of this.  I'm sorry to be the barer of bad news, but I stand by what I said previously, I would never recommend this bridal shop to anyone and warn ladies to shop at their own risk.

• Options
    I am a mob and I purchased my dress there as well as my mother who was a gob.  They were nice, helpful, and their alterations were not outrageous.  They also are not pushy.  Going to look for my next mob dress there too for my other daughter's wedding in August.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards