Connecticut
Options

Back as Mrs. Bell (recs and pics)

Hi All! I'm a Mrs! So awesome.

We were married 10/9/10, then went on a 12 day HM. SO NEEDED!
The day was magical and FLEW by, I want to do it again, haha!

I have some vendor Rec's Below.

Let’s get the bad one out of the way (only one!)

Hotel: Marriott Farmington DO NOT USE THEM

D-

Ugh, I don’t know where to start. There was a soccer tournament in town, and it was a holiday weekend, which is the only reason I didn’t get them a straight F. They Guaranteed all the rooms except for 2 in my block. 1 was for my Aunt, Uncle and two teen boy cousins. They had a late check in and put them in a room with one King bed. Really??? Then made them all wait 2 hrs, til 1 am the NIGHT BEFORE THE WEDDING to give them blankets and pillows to sleep on the FLOOR because all of their roll-a-ways were taken. SERIOUSLY?!?!?

Then the next night, the night of the wedding, my other aunt reserved 2 rooms, but one disappeared off their record. They ended up in a conference room in roll-a-way bed. I was in tears my wedding night because the people at the front desk were rude and just did NOT want to help us at all. They were just like “well, you’re screwed and there’s nothing we can do…” YET…a few hours later, a dear friend of mine who’d had a few too many at our little after party and wisely chose not to drive home, went to the counter and asked for a room. They said they had a “FEW LEFT” and he got a room…again, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

We had brunch the next morning which was 1…too expensive and 2…two of the mugs I picked up to use for coffee had gunk in them. NASTY. I was just so fed up.

PLEASE if you don’t want to be embarrassed in front of your out-of-town guests, do NOT GO TO THE FARMINGTON MARRIOTT.

Venue: The Riverview, Simsbury, CT: A+

Ceremony-
Did not see the other wedding at all the entire day for any bride out there who may be looking for venues and are unnerved about a place that sometimes has 2 at once. They staggared the start time of each onsite ceremony. BUT we had MET the other couple at the town hall when we got our license! So it would have been cool to see them anyway. :)

Ali and Stephanie are amazing coordinators and the ceremony and reception were perfect. If anything went amiss...I had no idea!!! the food...DEFINITELY an A++ So tasty! And they made SURE we had time to eat.

They also did the cake, it was gorgeous and delicious!

Flowers: Perfect Princess Events (Helena Willis, Vernon, CT)
A+
She was wonderful and easy to work with, so creative as well. I told her the colors I liked and my price range and came up with these stunning ceremony decorations, centerpieces and bouquets!
http://perfectprincessevents.blogspot.com/2010/10/amy-and-erics-wedding.html

Photog: Bryan Liscinsky A+

He is a friend's brother, but he does work for Time Magazine and other freelancing work. He’s got such great raw talent. He also brought with him the workings to set up a photo booth. I had no idea! But he wanted to do it, and he found the time to make it happen, my friends had a BLAST with it. I’ll definitely post his pics when I get them.

DJ: Mark the Shark (Shark Entertainment) A+

Not only is he a great traffic guy, but he’s an AWESOME wedding DJ with over 20 years experience. He’s super easy to work with, just a great, laid back, funny guy who knows what to do if you’re stuck on a song decision. He had everyone dancing, kept them dancing and incorporated songs me and DH both liked.  He was on time and reasonably priced. High rec from us!

Hair: By Yamil from OGGI in Avon, CT

She traveled to the hotel and did my hair and all three girls. She did a WONDERFUL job.

Makeup: Shaenna with Naomi's in West Hartford. She was wonderful and made me and the girls all look stunning!

Will have more photos soon, but here are a few teasers!

PS- Just a quick note to any brides who want to do something a little different, DH had NO idea I was going to wear a colored dress. it was SO HARD to keep the secret, but he was stunned and blown away and absolutely loved it because it was absolutley me!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! 172 invitedimage 149 accepted!image 23 can't make itimage

Re: Back as Mrs. Bell (recs and pics)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you had a great wedding. Yay for another Riverview bride! I loved it there too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Love the dress! I bet he was surprised to see a colored gown
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • Options
    rosierealrosiereal member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats!!  glad everything went well.Sorry to hear about the mariott which one in farmington did you use ???

save the date planning My Bio updated 05/22/11 image 184 Invited
    image129 are ready to party! image 39 missing out image 16 are driving me crazy
    RSVP Date: May 14, Wedding: June 18
  • Options
    Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad everything went well (except for the Marriott) but it looks like it was a fabulous day.  Congrats!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_back-mrs-bell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:49836518-1c6e-489b-a506-21b40b74d385Post:19ac4e5a-c612-4a40-80b7-f0c114487b7f">Re: Back as Mrs. Bell (recs and pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!!  glad everything went well.Sorry to hear about the mariott which one in farmington did you use ???
    Posted by rosiereal[/QUOTE]

It was the Hartford Marriott Farminton: 15 Farm Sprins Rd.
    <h1 id="searchTop">
    </h1>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! 172 invitedimage 149 accepted!image 23 can't make itimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards