Connecticut

November weather in CT

My fiance and I are thinking about doing an outdoor late fall wedding (11/11/11)... perhaps at hopkins vneyard...Can someone remember what the trees look like at the beginning of november??  and if you think it would be too cold outside for a short and sweet ceremony.  It's going to be a very small wedding like 25 ppl... thanks for all your input!! 

Re: November weather in CT

• assied85assied85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are thinking about doing an outdoor late fall wedding (11/11/11)... perhaps at hopkins vneyard...Can someone remember what the trees look like at the beginning of november??  and if you think it would be too cold outside for a short and sweet ceremony.  It's going to be a very small wedding like 25 ppl... thanks for all your input!! 
  • edited December 2011
    According to Wunderground.com: The average high is 54.  The average low is 34. 

In my opinion that is too cold for an outdoor ceremony. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending how long the ceremony is- I would say you could pull a 10-15 minute ceremony, make sure guests bring jackets, but that's it. Plus, in CT, you never know, so far this year we've had every natural disaster possible it seems! Could you find a location that has an indoor/outdoor option so you could decide the day of or before?
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would not do an outdoor ceremony in November. As PP said it is too cold, your guest will be focused on how cold they are as opposed to the ceremony. You also run the risk of snow.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the PPs - November is too cold for outdoor anything, and the foliage is pretty much gone.

I didn't book my photographer until last September and I didn't get my e-pics scheduled until late November for that reason.  I was eyeing the foliage to see if there would be any chance of having some nice fall foliage e-pics, but fall foliage in New England peaks mid-October.  I had also checked with my friend who got married in early November of 2008 and she confirmed that she remembered not much foliage being left for her wedding pictures.

Sure enough, the weekend of my e-pics was the COLDEST/WINDIEST weekend of the fall thus far!  It was sunny, but blustery, and my photographer only lasted a couple of hours out there (thankfully he was kind and offered us a 2nd shoot in the Spring).  We got some great pictures nonetheless, but the trees were bare by that time.

Moral of the story: November is not really the season for outdoor wedding anything!
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    As far as foliage the PP are right, it'll be nill to none - however, being from CT, I never found November to be too cold - by that time, especially during the day when the sun is out, its usually a nice mix as long as you wear a sweater. If you have any warm weather guests, you might find it to be a little too chilly for them. But for a quick ceremony, you should be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards