Connecticut
Options

Hair and Make Up Suggestions

I'm in need of some recommendations for hair and makeup.  I'm getting married in early October in New Haven and thought I had someone lined up to do this, but when it came time work out all the details, I can't get a hold her via phone or email to save my life.  So, I need to start looking again.  I've gotten in touch with some of the more popular vedors (Dana Bartone, etc) and they are all booked.

I'd love some suggestions from you lovely ladies, I live in the Danbury area so I'm not super familiar with the salons in the New Haven area.  I don't mind going to a salon to have it done or have someone come to us at the hotel.  It would be hair and makeup for myself, my 2 BM and my mom.

Thanks!

Re: Hair and Make Up Suggestions

• Options
    have you checked with Beauty Entourage? I am getting married in Boston but, I'm from Ct. They are traveling to me the day of. So far they have been great to work with. Very responsive. HTH. GL!
  • Options
    SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Not to hijack your thread, but has anyone here thought of, or gone to one of the makeup stands in a department store for their wedding?  I have 2 friends that went to the MAC counter in Macy's and one went to Sephora.  I believe they were required to purchase $50 worth of products or just pay them $50 if you don't want any makeup, but that works out to be way cheaper than going to a salon or having someone travel to you.  The downsides can be that you may have to be there alone rather than with your entire wedding party (may not be enough makeup people to do everyone at once) and if might be a bit of extra travel for you.  One bride I know had her MAC appointment for 11am and then went to the hair salon after where her BM's were already waiting/getting their hair done and it worked out fine for her.  She also looked gorgeous
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hair-and-make-up-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:4c82ab0d-eb26-4f6e-8e6f-8c24aa7aa0fbPost:3e9b0038-ff9e-4439-9426-c60ca24e2819">Re: Hair and Make Up Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]have you checked with Beauty Entourage? I am getting married in Boston but, I'm from Ct. They are traveling to me the day of. So far they have been great to work with. Very responsive. HTH. GL!
    Posted by arianalove[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  Just sent them an email!
  • Options

I am using Danielle Santagata for makeup. She has been amazing to work with so far! She did my makeup for my e-pics, and I have been working with her on reshaping my eyebrows (she is amazing!), and I see you have contacted Dana Bartone already... (I booked them for just hair services the day of).

148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Naomi's Salon in West Hartford!!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Erin Infantino is another good makeup artist. I am using Carleen McIlveen (Imagine by Carleen). 

• Options
    I second Naomi's!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Awesome, you guys are great.  I checked out Naomi's and they look really good.  I'll have to email them as well.
  • Options
    I am also using Naomi's and have nothing but great things to say about them.  I was in a wedding in New Haven about a year and a half ago and we got our hair and makeup done at Salon Ivanova in New Haven.  It came out wonderfully, but when we went there they didn't do airbrush makeup.
  • Options
    I used http://atouchofcolormakeup.com/. Shari is the owner/makeup artist and she has several hair stylists that work with her. Her studio is in Shelton and depending on where you are she might not charge you for travelling (she didn't charge for going to Orange). If you prefer going to a salon, I highly recommend Soho Hair Group and JoBella (located in the Omni hotel).
  • Options
    jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    I am using The Beauty Bar. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
  • Options
    You already have a bunch of suggestions, but I am using Kate from Salon Space in North Haven. They are close to your venue in New Haven (less than 15 minutes) and do AMAZING work. They offer hair and make up. When I scheduled my hair trial she told me we will do three different versions, one down, one half-up, and one completely up. That way I get an idea for what all three look like before I choose. I thought that was great since I am not sure which I like best yet. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm looking for suggestions as well, do these artists travel?
  • Options
    I'm using Naomi's and if you can get them I definitely recommend them, but I usually get my hair done by a Salon in New Haven called Pure Platinum. They do travel and do both hair and makeup. Ask for Vicki or Amanda- they are both fantastic! Might be a good backup!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions ladies! 
    I ended up booking Beauty Entourage last night.  They were very promt in responding to my email and then my phone call, and they have great reviews on various sites online. I feel so much better, as i got more and more no's from various people I was wondering if I'd ever find someone!
  • Options
    Just popped in because I had the same problem - one suggestion was Salon Ivanova - that was the salon I had booked and is now out of business.  They haven't updated their site or apparently called any customers...

I have an appointment with Makeup by Dilieto and so long as I don't hate the way I look I'm going with them!  Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_hair-and-make-up-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:4c82ab0d-eb26-4f6e-8e6f-8c24aa7aa0fbPost:c4b9c50a-b7e5-4cf4-9e2b-ee0f54c0fef6">Re: Hair and Make Up Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just popped in because I had the same problem - one suggestion was Salon Ivanova - that was the salon I had booked and is now out of business.  They haven't updated their site or apparently called any customers... I have an appointment with Makeup by Dilieto and so long as I don't hate the way I look I'm going with them!  Good luck!
    Posted by Pook28[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry I didn't know that.  I was there in Dec. 2010 for the wedding so I'm sorry about giving you false info.
  • Options
    Im happy I checked this thread. I recently booked hair and makeup with makeup by dilieto and I love everything about them!
  • Options
    Where is Naomis salon? Does she travel?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards