Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Are there any all-inclusive resort in the Florida Keys?

My FI are thinking of staying in the states instead of doing the Sandals thing. Any suggestions on the Florida Keys? We like something All-inclusive.

Re: Are there any all-inclusive resort in the Florida Keys?

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Aside from two Club Meds FL and CA and three resorts in the Poconos Pocono Palace, Cove Haven and Paradise Stream there are no true AI's in the US. You can find some hotels/resorts here in the US that may include breakfast. As for Key West, we love it and have been there every June for the past three years. There are two things I can assure you of. One, its not cheap airfare from Philly to Miami, car rental, airfare from KW to Philly, four nights at the Hyatt Resort and Spa in a deluxe gulf front suite with breakfast plus food drinks and excursions was 4500. To put that into perspective we've been and are going back to the Royal Cancun in a royal corner suite plus airfare and 3 excursions for 7 nights for 5600. I'm sure we could do KW cheaper as far as the room goes but food is still expensive. The cheapest we found was Caroline's cafe and for 1 app, 2 entrees, mine was only a sandwhich and fries and 2 drinks it was 65. The food was great though. Number two: unless you really LOVE the heat I would not recomend KW in Aug. As stated, we've been in June. It's hotter than heck in June, 90's with 100 percent humidity and no breeze. I can only imagine how hot it would be in Aug. since Aug and Sept are their hottest months. Dont get me wrong, we love KW and can't wait to go back in a couple years. I do have three reviews of KW as well as some other places, AI's, in the link above my siggy pic. We much prefer AI as the price is the price and you don't have those pesky extras like drinks on cruises ,which btw add up fast..or at least they did for us and we aren't THAT big on drinking. The only extras at AI's are excursions which you can choose to do or not do, same as a non AI.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_are-there-any-all-inclusive-resort-in-the-florida-keys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:5e306f37-5678-4511-88e6-ab167ff791e3Post:5cd560d4-5ecb-43a3-b4ef-07a0fa138cd4">Re:Are there any allinclusive resort in the Florida Keys?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Interesting article on AI/non AI in the US. <a href="http://m.allinclusiveoutlet.com/vacationplanning/allinclusive/allinclusiveresortsintheunitedstates/" rel="nofollow">http://m.allinclusiveoutlet.com/vacationplanning/allinclusive/allinclusiveresortsintheunitedstates/</a>
    Posted by monkeygirl18[/QUOTE]
    That link didn't work for me. But I found it!
    <a href="http://www.allinclusiveoutlet.com/vacation-planning/all-inclusive/all-inclusive-resorts-in-the-united-states/" rel="nofollow">http://www.allinclusiveoutlet.com/vacation-planning/all-inclusive/all-inclusive-resorts-in-the-united-states/</a>

• Options
    Ditto pp's there aren't many true AI's in the U.S. and the Club Meds are not much to write home about. The food is gross and the resorts aren't that nice, it makes a lot more sense to stay at a regular resort or to go to Mexico or the Caribbean where it's MUCH cheaper. We spent $1400 for both of us to fly to Jamaica and stay at an AI last summer for our anniversary. We also went to Cancun a few years ago for $999 per person for flights and our stay at an AI resort. We find we spend a lot less going to Mexico or the Caribbean instead.

And please note that Sandals is definitely not your only option for an AI! There are plenty of adults only AI's in Mexico and the Caribbean for much less than Sandals. If you look back through the posts on Sandals you will find that most of the posters here feel that Sandals is overadvertised and overpriced.

We went to Key West last year and breakfast was included at our hotel, but we had to fend for ourselves for all other meals. But in a place like Key West, you want to get out and explore and try the many restaurants. We found one of the best Italian restaurants we've ever tried down off Duval street. So yummy!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_are-there-any-all-inclusive-resort-in-the-florida-keys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:5e306f37-5678-4511-88e6-ab167ff791e3Post:dd085f8c-21c6-4ae2-8de8-7a6aa17ffc6c">Re: Are there any all-inclusive resort in the Florida Keys?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto pp's there aren't many true AI's in the U.S. and the Club Meds are not much to write home about. The food is gross and the resorts aren't that nice, it makes a lot more sense to stay at a regular resort or to go to Mexico or the Caribbean where it's MUCH cheaper. We spent $1400 for both of us to fly to Jamaica and stay at an AI last summer for our anniversary. We also went to Cancun a few years ago for $999 per person for flights and our stay at an AI resort. We find we spend a lot less going to Mexico or the Caribbean instead. And please note that Sandals is definitely not your only option for an AI! There are plenty of adults only AI's in Mexico and the Caribbean for much less than Sandals. If you look back through the posts on Sandals you will find that most of the posters here feel that Sandals is overadvertised and overpriced. We went to Key West last year and breakfast was included at our hotel, but we had to fend for ourselves for all other meals. But in a place like Key West, you want to get out and explore and try the many restaurants. <strong>We found one of the best Italian restaurants we've ever tried down off Duval street.</strong> So yummy!
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

I think I know which restaurant you are talking about!  H and I had an amazing dinner at an Italian restaurant off Duval as well.  I got some kind of chicken stuffed with prosciutto and other things along with some amazing potatoes.  It was seriously yummy!  Just wish I could remember the name of the place.

OP, H and I went to Key West on our HM.  It will definitely be more expensive then going to Mexico or the Caribbean and staying in an AI.  Also, Key West is laid back but they don't have beaches and really you don't want to spend your entire day laying by the pool and doing nothing.  Because if you do you will miss out on all the amazing water activities there are down there. You will also want to explore every inch of the place and the best way to do that is by foot (if you want some exercise) or by moped.  I highly recommend KW but if you are 100% set on an AI then you won't be finding on there.

• Options
    Thanks ladies I really appreciate all of your help. Inow looking into AI's in Mexico. I can believe how inexpensive they are!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards