Connecticut
Options

Antique/Vintage car for transportation

Does anyone know where I can get an anitque car service that will drive me and my dad to the ceremony? The only quote I got was for $670 which seems expensive for a one way trip that will take 15 minutes.

Re: Antique/Vintage car for transportation

• Options
    Unfortunately, I don't think you'll find much less than that.  My uncle owns several antique cars and he isn't even letting me use them for the wedding since the insurance is so expensive, maintainance is so expensive, and he doesn't want to have to worry about his car while enjoying the ceremony/reception.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm not sure who you have contacted but these are two companies that I was considering:

Classic Cars - Bob Davidson
    203-261-7351 (www.classiccarsct.com)

King Limo Farmington
    860-678-7611

Unfortunately our transportation costs are adding up so we are likely cutting the antique car.  The price you have is what I had received from one company in RI, the all usually have a minimum number of rental hours.  You could always use it for your FI and you after the ceremony if you are going to take pics or your reception is at a different site. 

Another option would be to contact classic car clubs, they may do it for fun ;)!
  • Options
    I'm using Black Swan Limousine and am getting a Rolls Royce Limo and two stretch limos for my bridal party. The total for all three came to $1600 but I'm not sure what the rolls was by itself. May be worth checking out.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    I live in Hamden and there is a restaurant that holds a classic cars show in their parking lot every Wednesday in the summers. It is called Glenwood and is located on Whitney Avenue. (Also their hot dogs are AMAZING!) I know a lot of places do this. I was planning on checking out some of the cars/trucks and possibly asking one of the owners how much they would charge to drive us to the wedding. As mentioned in a PP, the insurance and maintaince costs are high, but I am hoping someone that hasn't thought about 'renting' the car for a wedding may be interested for a much lower cost. I could be totally naive on this one, but I figured it is worth a try since I will not be paying $500+ for a short ride or to take photos around a vintage car.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards