Connecticut

PSA: free kittens

I have up to three kittens that need to go to good homes. They were born feral and lived underneath our deck for the first few months of their lives. When they were old enough, the mother took off, and we trapped them with the help of a local rescue organization. Right now they are all living in our guest bedroom, and they've come a long way but still aren't completely used to being around people. We've been fostering them for a couple weeks but we both work 50+ hours a week and don't have the time necessary to fully socialize them. Also, I'm allergic to cats and three of them is just too much for us. If I can't find homes for them, I'll or a shelter to take them, I'll probably end up releasing them and keeping them as outdoor cats.

The rescue organization is taking care of the shots and neutering for the kittens (they are all males). The one on the left has had everything already since we caught him first, and we hope to get the other two in this week. I have individual pictures of the kittens if you'd like to see them. The one on the left is the smallest and darker than his brothers, the one in the middle has a white chin and chest, and the one on the right is the largest of the three. Leave a message below or PM me if you're interested or know anyone who is.
Anniversary

Re: PSA: free kittens

• edited December 2011
    Aww, they're cute. Kudos to you for rescuing them! If H and I hadn't just gotten a puppy we'd have jumped on this. Good luck placing them!
    Pregnancy Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Aw! If I didn't already have 3 cats, I would most definitely be interested.  Best of luck to you and those cuties!
    imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    aww adorable. if i hadnt JUST gotten a new kitten 2 weeks ago, id totally take one, but 2 cats is enough for us right now. and i have allergies too so i feel your pain.

can you ask the rescue if they would list them on Petfinder.com as a courtesy? that would make it alot easier to adopt them out. And you should have an adoption fee because theres lots of people that will adopt a kitten only if its free and then not take care of it, let is outside, not bring it to the vet, etc. if you charge a fee, you are more likely to get the kitten into a home that is more reponsible.

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_psa-kittens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:524a1fce-42b2-4702-a193-949470d27c1bPost:25f583d6-854f-4937-be91-4265ead8f5e7">Re: PSA: free kittens</a>:
    [QUOTE]aww adorable. if i hadnt JUST gotten a new kitten 2 weeks ago, id totally take one, but 2 cats is enough for us right now. and i have allergies too so i feel your pain. can you ask the rescue if they would list them on Petfinder.com as a courtesy? that would make it alot easier to adopt them out. <strong>And you should have an adoption fee</strong> because theres lots of people that will adopt a kitten only if its free and then not take care of it, let is outside, not bring it to the vet, etc. if you charge a fee, you are more likely to get the kitten into a home that is more reponsible.
    Posted by GracefulMeadow86[/QUOTE]

This is very important. Having an adoption fee also helps minimize the chance that the kitten will be adopted by someone who wants an animal to abuse. Sick, but it does happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards