Connecticut
Options

MOB dresses?

So we are trying to find a dress for my mom for the wedding.  She is def not one of those moms to wear a MOB dress that makes you look like a frumpy old grandmother lol.  As I like to say, she wants to look sexy without looking slutty lol.  Anyone have any suggestions? 
Anniversary

Re: MOB dresses?

• Options
    blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom is the same way. We bought her dress at Nordstroms. Its amazing! It is gold, tight fitting, and comes to just above her knee. It is not low cut or anything and not too short so it looks really hot without looking too much! They had some great dresses there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I hear you. I would also suggested Nordstrom's & Lord & Taylor for a start. Also, alot of the designers, for instance Bill Levkoff has some great BM dresses that could serve for a MOB dress.

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second what Kim said.  Macy's and Bloomingdales also have great dress selections.  We found DH's mom her dress at Bloomingdales.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are interested in looking around smaller, local shops, there is a great dress shop at the intersection of Main & Center Streets in Wallingford called The Dressing Room.  I drive by all the time and there are always amazing gowns in the window.  I have been in a few times, and I long for the day that I (or my mom) finally make a purchase!

I will shop there, as well as probably West Farms (Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor) for a dress for my super-fabulous mom!  I am just praying she doesn't buy something online before we get to go shopping together : )

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Mom got hers at Filenes basement. My MIL got hers in NY at more of a dress shop it was definitely not a "Mom" dress more like bridesmaid/prom lol.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options
    cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!  We have def found a few that we want to go try on in the stores!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards