Connecticut

Rehearsal dinner

The church my FI and I are getting married in is in New London...does anyone know of any nearby restaurants that would be good for a rehearsal dinner?  I'd love something by the water but I'm not familiar with that area and it's too hard to tell what's good online!  TIA :-)

Re: Rehearsal dinner

• Check out On The Waterfront.. its on Pequot ave I think next to Fred Shanty. They have great food and room for larger dinner parties.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree On the Waterfront is nice and the food has always been great when I went there. 
    Anniversary
  • What church are you getting married at? We're doing the second congregational church in New London. To be honest, there weren't too many options in New London, though it depends on the size of the rehersal dinner. Our rehersal dinner is rather large (40-ish people), so a lot of places couldn't accomodate that. I did look into Tony D's- he informed me he was planning to sell the restauraunt so he didn't want me to book anything until it got closer. We ended up in Mystic since it's near our block of hotel rooms. You could also check out the Buckley House and Illianos.
  • We're doing Koto's Japanese Restaurant - hibachi sounds like fun to me!  I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm pretty excited about it.

Anniversary

• rswan412- We're getting married at St. Mary Star of the Sea.  We looked at restaurants in Mystic but our reception is in Groton and that's where our hotel is and I wasn't sure if Mystic was too far out of the way.  Where in Mystic did you guys book?  We'll only have about 20-25 people at the RD.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions...I'm going to look into those places!
  • Mystic isnt that far from groton.. its only a couple exits.. For mystic... you can go to Steak Loft in the village and theres also Go FIsh in the village.. or if you go down town where the bridge is there is Margaritas and a couple others. What type of restaurant are you looking for? Upscale or low key one? If you want a low key restaurant.. theres a couple right on Long Hill road in Groton. Hope this helps!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards