Connecticut
Options

Veil Question

Hi all,
I have a question about veils. First off, I really don't want one but I am appeasing my mom and I also fear I will regret it later on. So, anyways - I found one that I like but it is chapel length. My ceremony will be outdoors at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Is it okay to have a chapel length veil at an outdoor ceremony?

Re: Veil Question

• Options
    estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion YES!  Wear whatever veil will make you happy!  If your veil is chapel length then you will probably want to take it off after the ceremony.  My veil is cathedral length (is that the same as chapel length?)  and after the ceremony I am taking my veil off and replacing it with a headband with a flower on it for the reception. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_veil-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:5c169504-0cd7-466b-87a6-1bb1418cc3c1Post:9ab77b56-dc66-42cf-8780-c875a8ff4ef7">Veil Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, I have a question about veils. First off, <strong>I really don't want one but I am appeasing my mom and I also fear I will regret it later on.</strong> So, anyways - I found one that I like but it is chapel length. My ceremony will be outdoors at the Barns at Wesleyan Hills. Is it okay to have a chapel length veil at an outdoor ceremony?
    Posted by whitneyf1[/QUOTE]

I'm so with you on number 1 here! I also am thinking along the same lines as your second thought of regretting it later.

I think chapel length will be fine! I'm not sure what length I'm going to go with yet.

Good luck!
  • Options
    bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married outside and wearing a cathedral length.  I have a train on my dress so the veil goes just an inch or two past that.  I'm just scared someone will step on my veil and jerk my head back!!  I am considering taking it off halfway through pictures during cocktail hour so I have some formals with it and some without. 
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Since I'm not entirely thrilled to be wearing it, it will probably come off immediately after the ceremony. I would be nervous for someone stepping on it too though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would look just fine. I initially didn't want a veil, but then decided as time got closer that I'd regret not having one. I'm happy I did. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The one issue that I've seen is if the wind blows it around.  I saw one bride have to take her veil off halfway through the ceremony because it kept blowing in her face and in the face of the officiant!

I have a cathedral length veil, and my Mom (since I don't have bridesmaids) is going to arrange it for me and put 3 little white stones at the edge.  They will help weigh down the veil so it doesn't fly around in the wind.

I plan on taking bridal portraits, pictures with FI (we're doing a first look), and pictures with immediate family before the ceremony and will have my veil on for all of those.  I will probably take it off promptly after the ceremony, take a few more pictures with my flower hairpiece that I'll be adding, and then go to the cocktail hour.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards