Connecticut
Options

Reasonable Florists

Hello all,

Flowers are a part of our day that are not the most important thing to us.  I obviously want them to be nice but would like to keep costs down.  I know it will be tough because I am having seven girls plus two little girls.  Then there are the centerpieces (which I'd like to have not include flowers or even make myself) and various other decor.  Can anyone recommend reasonably priced florists?  I would like to spend no more than $1500 (I have no idea if that is even possible!!).
TIA

Jenny

Re: Reasonable Florists

• Options
    hey jenny, I am going to do my bouqets DIY but at a florist its a fun thing you can do w ur bridesmaids they let u bring food and drinks and they also let u store the flowers there over night. I will give you the website so you can check it out.. or even if ur not interested in that u ca see how much they charge for them to just do it . 

hope that helps GL
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Candles are a great centerpeice alternative. I'm doing only one or two flowers in each centerpeice, which is keeping the costs down. I'm using Stylish Blooms (clicky) as my florist. Melissa was more than willing to work with my budget and vision!  You can definitely do flowers for under $1500. Another option would be to go to a local grocery store's floral department, and see if they would be able to work with you. Good luck! 
  • Options
    I'm doing half floral/half non floral centerpieces to cut down on costs. I would recommend looking into Montville Florist, Just for You Flowers and Flora Flora in Noank. All of them worked within my budget (which was 1500$) and I'm getting 10 centerpieces (small hydrangeas), 7 boquets, 16 bouts (father of bride, grand father, etc etc), 5 corsages and a small floral arrangement. I am using typical flowers- roses, peonies, etc etc... I think you can do what you want to within 1500$!! Just let them know your budget!
  • Options
    Jane at Just for You Flowers is our florist and she can definitely work within that budget!
  • Options
    We are also using Jane at Just for You.  Our needs were very similar to yours.  I have 1 MOH, 4 BM's and 2 FGs that are carrying bouquets.  Adding in the groomsmen, parents, grandparents, and us we were quoted about $700.  Since then we changed what kinds of flowers we wanted and are going even cheaper.  These are our centerpieces:
      The gerbera daisies on these will be fake.  What you are looking for is definitely do-able.  And thanks for reminding me that I need to get in contact with her soon.
  • Options
    Hi, I have 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsmens, the moms dads gparents and all the centerpieces(12 tables) for under 1500..Branford Flower shop! Jennifer is great!
  • Options
    Ditto Jane. I would highly recommend her. She was wonderful!
  • Options
    I'm using Flower Girl in Southington. She is awesome! I have 6 bridesmaids, a flower, parents, grandparents, etc and she is charing us under $2000. We are also having 20 centerpieces with all flowers. I would totally look into her. She is very creative and has great ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I recommend Jane at Just For You. We are doing all floral centerpieces (but small - in mason jars) as well as bouquets, bouts, moss squares on tables and maybe a few other things and our quote is around $1500.
  • Options
    Go to faricellis in west haven. Definitely possible to get them for a lot less than $1500. They have different packages for different budgets or you can do your own thing
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!  I had no idea if I was totally out of range or not. I will definitely look into the places you all recommended.

@whitneyf1, I'd like to do mason jar centerpieces as well. :)
  • Options
    My florist is Chris Graze at Running With Flowers. She doesn't have a website; she goes through word of mouth, but she's been doing weddings for around 20 years. (She used to work at a flower shop in Madison, but she's now based in East Haven.) She's so enthusiastic and she's great about being thrifty without sacrificing quality. My estimate is only around $700 and that's for bouquets, centerpieces, and corsages for my mom and grandma. (We haven't decided on bouts yet, but if we decide to go that way, they're about $12 a piece.)

She also doesn't have a minimum and delivers and sets everything up for you.

If you are interested in contacting her, PM me and I'd be happy to give you her number!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards