Connecticut

Save the Dates Arrived + a Question about them

Picked up my save the dates last night. I absolutely love them!!!!!

My question is this...

After I mail them out and I know people received them can I post it onto my facebook page even though obviously every friend of mine on FB is not invited?????

what do you think.....

Deanna
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the Dates Arrived + a Question about them

• I would avoid doing this.....while I don't think anyone would assume they are invited just because they see it on your FB page, it may send a mixed message and make peope who are not invited feel left out, especially if people post comments about it like "I got mine in the mail, can't wait to go!"  I personally am a big proponent of not putting a lot of wedding details on FB.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PP, posting it on fb may not be the best idea.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would agree with the PPs, it's just safer and easier to avoid major posting about the wedding on facebook. A post here and there, but I would avoid anything about sending out STDs or invites, etc. It just creates drama and problems
  • Yeah I wouldn't either.
  • Our STDs are out and I have not posted ANYTHING about the wedding/planning.  We used E-Pic for the STD and I will not post it on FB. 

• NO!  Sorry to be so blunt but that's an absolute no no
  • Ditto Carebear.  

Putting it on FB when some people aren't invited is the adult equivalent of walking around in 3rd grade saying, "I'm having a party and YOU can't come."

The other issue is that if you have any people on FB who aren't your biggest fans then they could take the opportunity to do things like try to cancel vendors - scary!
  • Thanks for all the info.....note taken....my graphic designer is going to post it and not tag me....he wants to add it to his library for business cuz its so different and was going to tag me....ill just tell him not to tag me :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PP, I would avoid this as well.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary

• It is exciting and you want to share it with the world, however, facebook is just not appropriate. I am sure you are not inviting all of your "friends" on fb, therefore, don't post it. Enjoy this moment with your friends, write personal messages, emails, texts and call to talk about it... its a great feeling, just too good for facebook. Congrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards