Connecticut

Average Per Slice Cost for Cake

I was wondering for anybody that purchased a cake what the price per slice was? 

met with a bakery yesterday and their price is $4.95 per slice.  I was just curious to see if this price is around average or very high. 

Re: Average Per Slice Cost for Cake

• MrsF0831MrsF0831 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    it is around average there is a bakery in wethersfield chimiri there cake it good too and they start at 3.50 a slice

I am just going w a cutting cake and making a cake tower out of cupcakes @ 1.50 a cupcake 
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• I've found a few that are 2.75.  But generally that is for one layer of cake, the other layers "fake" with a sheet cake in the back.  I'm going with Cakes Unlimited in Torrington....really yummy cakes, and she will do different flavors for the cake that we will cut and the cake that is in the back, so we get more variety. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • it cost more money to do a fake out cake part cake the sheet cake in the back your best bet is to shop around and see who does cakes even check out some of the grocery stores i think price chopper does wedding cakes. also check with your venue sometimes they offer cakes with your package i know mine does. if your venue has the cake option it is way less than getting  a cake. i am a cupcake baker and i know a lot about cake prices. ( i just dont make cakes only cupcakes and cake pops)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_average-per-slice-cost-for-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:5f794683-ee6f-4ba9-b9f7-8204f23c7e07Post:f62bb096-236a-4d40-9cb1-2cb304ef0fad">Re: Average Per Slice Cost for Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]it cost more money to do a fake out cake part cake the sheet cake in the back your best bet is to shop around and see who does cakes even check out some of the grocery stores i think price chopper does wedding cakes. also check with your venue sometimes they offer cakes with your package i know mine does. if your venue has the cake option it is way less than getting  a cake. i am a cupcake baker and i know a lot about cake prices. ( i just dont make cakes only cupcakes and cake pops)
    Posted by hyechica81[/QUOTE]

<div>our wedding is at st clements and unfortunately they do not have a baker on staff to do wedding cakes</div>
  • Hi Better, I am also a St. Clements bride. I am going with Chimurris in Wethersfield, the women Lorena is awesome and the price is good. I am doing one large cake with a large sheetcake in the back (because my wedding is 260 people) and she thought one whole cake that large in July may be too big. I was very happy with my appt with her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_average-per-slice-cost-for-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:5f794683-ee6f-4ba9-b9f7-8204f23c7e07Post:920ee632-20b9-40b3-8920-20f876985656">Re: Average Per Slice Cost for Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Average Per Slice Cost for Cake : our wedding is at st clements and unfortunately they do not have a baker on staff to do wedding cakes
    Posted by bettersayhello[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>call around to local places if you go with a person that just does wedding cakes you are going to be spending more $$$ but if you go with a bakery that does everything the cakes will be $$ money mazacatos in plainville makes amazing cakes and wedding cakes check them out</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards