Connecticut
Options

Need Ceremony Site

Hello!

We have set a date and booked a reception venue, but do not have ceremony site yet. Our reception is at The Waterview in Monroe, CT  on a Saturday. We want to have our ceremony at a Catholic church in the area or about 20 minutes away. The problem is neither of us are members of a parish and we wanted a 5 pm ceremony or around that time. Does anyone know of any churches to recommend?? We need help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need Ceremony Site

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Catholic churches have 5pm mass on Saturdays. They will not usually do a wedding after 1pm on a Saturday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amanda1443994Amanda1443994 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_need-ceremony-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:5fa42d3c-3793-476b-8120-bd7d06b12669Post:7f9ed596-ad9e-4b35-8766-fd443fa16a87">Re: Need Ceremony Site</a>:
    [QUOTE]Catholic churches have 5pm mass on Saturdays. They will not usually do a wedding after 1pm on a Saturday.
    Posted by mwitter80[/QUOTE]

What she said. I wanted a Catholic ceremony as well but no churches within 50 miles would do it after 1 pm and our reception starts at 7. We decided to do it at an Episcopal Church instead since they don't have Saturday mass so you can choose anytime and their service is very similar to a Catholic ceremony.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    St. Catherine of Siena in Trumbull might do a 5:30 ceremony if I remember correctly. They have a 4 pm Mass on Saturdays.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all! I will look into St. Catherine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards