Connecticut

Dolce, Norwalk CT

Hi everyone.
Just wondering if anyone has any pros / cons on Dolce.?
Thank you.

Re: Dolce, Norwalk CT

• LOVE Dolce! We had our engagement pics taken there in the Fall time & it was just gorgeous. I did not have experience with the venue inside itself, but the staff that I worked with to use the facility were amazing to work with & very helpful!

GL!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • We looked there.  We really liked that guests could stay on the property.  The only reason we didn't pick it was the person we talked with (Hazel) seemed too pushy for us.  She told me during our tour how everything would go on the day of the wedding, and for us we wanted a place that would be a little more laid back and let us help decide how the plans would go. 
    imageAnniversary
  • I got married at Dolce two weeks ago!  I probably wouldn't have mentioned Hazel, but since PP did - she is a little pushy and got on my nerves a bit. But honestly, she was good enough at her job and didnt take away from how AMAZING the venue is. Dolce is so gorgeous and woodsy - tons of great picture spots! And I loved that everything was right on site - ceremony, cocktail hour (the outdoor cocktail hour space is so fantastic!), reception, guest rooms and after party bar. All of our guests raved about the venue, the food and the cake (contracted through DiMare in Stamford). I really have nothing negative to say about Dolce at all, except that its a little on the pricey side. 

If you have any specific questions defintiely let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Harringtone 1, would you mind being more specific on "little pricey" :)  I am interested in Dolce but am on budget so feel like it'll b out of reach.  Would you mind giving me a rough estimate per person?  Thanks so much!

• sorry for the delay, i never remember to check back after ive posted something :)

if i remember correctly, the price for their standard package was 145 per person. you get a bit of a discount if you have it on a friday or sunday (i want to say 135 pp). I negotiated a bit because our wedding we totally vegetarian, but didnt get them down too much. its another 500 i believe to have your ceremony there, which isn't terrible. but they have a HUGE service fee built in. in addition to sales tax, they hit you with a 22% service charge (not a tip - i dont actually know what its for)...so it adds up kinda quick. 

in my opinion, its well worth the cost. but it may not be for everyone
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards