Connecticut
Options

shower venues around Farmington??

I'm in a wedding and the bride lives in the Burlington/Unionville area. I am hoping some of you can help me with suggestions for locations to host her May 2011 bridal shower since I'm from out of state.

I'm either looking for places where it is a fixed price per person to serve brunch/lunch, or a place we can rent and bring in our own food.

All suggestions are welcome. I'm  pretty unfamiliar with the area but will be up for the holidays and would like to have a few ideas of places to check out. Anything within a 20-30 minute drive is fine.

Thanks in advance!

Re: shower venues around Farmington??

• Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we looked into Apricots in Farmington for our rehearsal dinner but ended up going with someone else.  i've heard good things about it though.

there's also a Wood N Tap in Farmington that might have a private room.  i'm not sure if they do price per person or just buffet style where you buy platters of food though.

another option might be Haight Brown Vineyard in Litchfield.  we had our reception there, but i know they will host smaller groups as well.  to my knowledge, they use Cuisine with Jill out of Torrington as their caterer...she did our wedding & she's beyond fabulous.  if you contact Tina at the vineyard she can give you details.  hth!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would check out confetti's in Plainville. They do a lot of bridal shower's and have a great brunch menu for it..
    http://www.idineconfetti.com/
     and it is like a 10-15 min drive from burlington/unionville

or Marinelli's in Burlington
    http://www.marinellissupperclub.com/

I personally think that you would like confetti's better though for a shower..

Good Luck. Hope that helps
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • Options
    Shaunna923Shaunna923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both for the suggestions! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards