Connecticut
Options

Justice of the Peace

Any good recommendations for a budget-friendly, offbeat justice of the peace? My fiance and I are not religious at all and we want a short, personal ceremony.

Re: Justice of the Peace

• Options
    I would highly recommend Sal Fiore. He is very easy going and will give you exactly the ceremony you want/design on your own or with his help. I think  you can also find other reviews and contact info on weddingwire
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i 2nd sal fiore
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Based on recommendations from this board my FI and I are meeting with Sal this saturday!
  • Options
    We used Mary Pugh! She had a whole bunch of different ceremony scripts to look at, and let us pick and choose parts we liked. In the end, my H actually took parts from a bunch of different scripts plus added our own text to create our ceremony. But supposedly she would have done that for us if we wanted. =) 

She also sets up a video camera to record the ceremony, and takes pictures before and after of your guests and you. She was super nice and a great JOP!
  • Options
    I also highly recommend Bruce Hayn - he's really professional and personable and will give you exactly the ceremony you want. He's a great speaker, and he's funny, too!

860-885-6189
  • Options
    I'm interested to see what you think about Sal Fiore, if you don't mind reporting back.  My FI and I met with him, and while he was super nice, I definitely wouldn't call him "offbeat"...he says he'll do whatever you want, but you'll need to have a pretty good idea of what you want and be able to direct him.  He didn't seem to have many ideas beyond the very traditional...unity candle, sand ceremony, stuff like that.  Nothing particularly unique.   Everyone seems to love him, but we just didn't click with him at all, and sometimes I think we're the only ones!  I was just surprised at some of his assumptions...that my father was going to be walking me down the aisle (he is, but it was weird to assume that, and none of the other JPs we met with did that), and that I'd be changing my name..stuff like that.  I thought it was unusual. 
  • Options
    Mine is Noel Clark www.frnoel.comSmile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards