Connecticut
Options

Wedding Paper Divas

Hi Ladies
My MOH is throwing a shower for her FSIL (no relation to my wedding) and ordered her shower invitations from weddingpaperdivas.com.  She spent quite a bit on 40 invitations and when they came in several things were changed and the brides name was mis-spelled in 2 different places.  Some of the things that they changed, although I don't agree, were minor, like changing CT to Connecticut, removing her zip code, but some were major, like changing the rsvp date, and changing it from rsvp to regrets only.  They also made everything lowercase letters, although that could have been part of the style of the invite.  When she called, they said she because what she had wasn't proper, so they changed it.  When she asked about the change in the rsvp date, they told her that her date wasn't enough time.  They said if she wanted it changed they would reprint and give her 40% off.  They never sent her an email confirmation.   Can they do that?  It doesn't seem right to me.

Re: Wedding Paper Divas

• Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is their policy?

Also, did she ever sign off on a proof?

I'd look at their printing policy first before speaking - but if they changed things without her consent, it does sound fishy.
  • Options
    jennylove810jennylove810 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably throw a hissy fit and demand they reprint it, for FREE, as I submitted it.  Granted, I've never used WPD but I certainly wouldn't appreciate them taking any 'creative liberties' with invitations I'm paying for.

Since when is "Regrets only" more proper than "RSVP?"

And changing the date?!  No way.  Are you sure there isn't more to the story?  I just can't imagine a company printing a different date for an event because said company feels it isn't enough time.  Unheard of.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Banana.

Was there some sort of proof?

Geez that really stinks.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PRLJMBPRLJMB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I just used Wedding Paper Divas for my thank yous....they emailed me a proof that I had to initial before it was printed so this doesn't sound right to me. and they came in perfect.  I agree they seemed a bit pricey but I was really happy with the outcome. :)  Hope it works out!
  • Options
    tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

that doesn't sound right... WPD, in my experience, gives you a proof to sign off on before printing.  I'm not saying that they could not have screwed up majorly, but my feeling is there is more to the story

Married 4/30/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I went over my MOH's house today and we called customer service again.  They did email out a proof, but to the wrong email.  They spelled out the email that they sent it to and they added a extra "a" to her name.  They said that they did receive a confirmation back so that is when they started printing them, although they could not forward that to us to show us proof.  The funny thing is, her email is on the invitations as part of the RSVP, spelled correctly.  They are still offering to reprint the invites for 40% off, they say they can't do them for nothing because they did receive an OK back, even though the proof wasn't sent to her email.  After going round and round with them, and being told that the supervisor has stepped out for a moment, we decided to contest the charge on her credit card. 
    I am really glad that no one else has had issues with them. 
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's very odd that they did this.

I'd definitely as nicely as possible "take it up the customer service food chain".

And if possible, I'd talk to that person involving the email used to say, "This wasn't sent from me as here is the confirmation email I received from the order (please tell me there is one) and you can clearly see that any authorization that you did receive wasn't from this email address nor was it from the one I gave."

Be careful with contesting the charge.  Your work may not be over as the CC company can go back to you saying that WPD is arguing that the order was placed.
  • Options
    katncrackkatncrack member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my save the dates and wedding invitations from them and was happy all around.  I had to inital something for them to print.  Although I know there can be unique situations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards