Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Maui honeymooners

I'm looking into going to Maui for our honeymoon for 7 days in July, flying out of Philly. Can anyone give me an estimate of what the total cost was (or will be) for their Maui honeymoon? I know it varies a lot depending on where you leave from, time of year etc.; I just want to make sure our budget (about 6 k) is realistic for Maui before going any further. Thanks!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maui honeymooners

• Options
    It's doable, for sure! I really (REALLY) recommend renting a condo to save money - I've always found that I get more privacy (no listening to next door neighbours in bed), they're often just as nice, if not nicer than hotel rooms, and you're more likely to get oceanfront for a great price. Plus, you can cook for yourself too, meaning you can splurge on really awesome meals out rather than just mediocre ones. Cooking outside on a bbq while watching the Hawaiian sunset is one of my favourite things to do whenever I'm on the islands.
  • Options
    We stayed for 9 days at the Ritz Carlton and totally splurged, ate out every meal, got massages, drank, etc. and we came in around $7K for everything, including souveniers.
  • Options
    We are staying 5 nights on Maui and 4 nights in Kaui and it is 6000 for flight, hotels, rental cars, and breakfast included.  We are flying from Pittsburgh
  • Options
    we're doing 6 nights in maui and 4 nights in oahu.

I've been reseraching to  no end and have come up with a 5500-6000 budget.

Some money saving tips:

Check craigslist for people who have too many points on flights or hotels that they can't use.  they're selling really cheap right now and you can score a 5 star resort for about $250-$350 a night.

Start researching activities you want to do, and call the company up and ask if they have any promotions going on if you get prepaid tickets.

buy a small cooler and pack drinks and sandwiches for lunch. the less you eat out, the less money you'll spnd. save that money for fancy dinners instead!

buy the maui revealed book off amazon. it's been a huge help to me in my planning adventure
    Krystie & Carlos February 26, 2011
  • Options
    Just booked last night!!  We are flying from Philly in June 2011 into Maui and out of Oahu, with stop in Kauai.  Our US Airways flights were $1697 total for both my fiance and I.
    Right now we are just shy of $4K for 6 nights in Maui, 3 nights in Kauai and 2 nights in Oahu for flights, hotel and car...CAVEAT, I did have some hotel points at Hyatt I am redeeming for free nights in Maui.
    But, we are definitely on a budget for everything else and I did a lot of research for our other hotels.  we booked Outrigger Waipouli Beach Resort in Kauai and Outrigger Reef on the Beach in Oahu and both had very positive reviews/high ratings on tripadvisor, but had some of the lowest rates being offered for 4 and 5 stars hotes on Orbitz.  They have condo properties and regular hotels, and properties in Maui.  http://new.outrigger.com/

Good luck, I think $6K is definitely doable.  Feel free to contact me if you want any more info.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_maui-honeymooners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:60a68128-7e6e-4d1a-8dac-e327e9e6cc82Post:7629c03c-0e48-4a1e-8ad2-63a5fe5e5133">Re: Maui honeymooners</a>:
    [QUOTE]we're doing 6 nights in maui and 4 nights in oahu. I've been reseraching to  no end and have come up with a 5500-6000 budget. Some money saving tips: Check craigslist for people who have too many points on flights or hotels that they can't use.  they're selling really cheap right now and you can score a 5 star resort for about $250-$350 a night. Start researching activities you want to do, and call the company up and ask if they have any promotions going on if you get prepaid tickets. buy a small cooler and pack drinks and sandwiches for lunch. the less you eat out, the less money you'll spnd. save that money for fancy dinners instead! buy the maui revealed book off amazon. it's been a huge help to me in my planning adventure
    Posted by MSKMB02[/QUOTE]

I second the "Maui Revealed" book! It's been very helpful and entertaining to read!

FI and I are getting married Sunday, February 20th and leave for Maui from Philadelphia on Friday, February 25th. We'll be staying at the West Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas for 7 days! SO EXCITED!! We're still in the process of sorting through different excursion's we would like to do. Feel free to throw any suggestions my way.

Good idea on buying a small cooler! I put that on my "to purchase" list. After landing in Kahului airport, we'll be heading to the local Cosco before making our way to the resort. That will definitely save you some money on meals!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards